iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I sinned, bought another pm10-10s

Started by davefrommd, November 10, 2003, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I went to another branch of the store I bought my other mcculloch pm10-10s and was talking about how I liked the performance of the chainsaw as I was cutting a huge oak tree into firewood size logs yesterday. The salesman looked up in the upper storage area and spotted a mcculloch box. Another 10-10-s. I couldn't help myself. Thought about it, then did it.

I was able to buy it for the same price of $200.00 which included a bar and chain. The powerhead is brandnew still in plastic in a sealed box. I think for a 57cc chainsaw it's a good price. It's a little on the heavy side being all magnesium with no plastic but when I'm using it I don't notice the weight. Only when I carry it from one place to another it feels heavy. Dave

Kevin

Mark M

Don't feel bad Dave, I've given in to my desires and bought a couple more saws than I probably needed in the last few months. The Husky 345 wasn't to hard to esplain to da wife but she would kill me if she found out about tthe 066 :)

Mark

PS - It a good thing they all look alike!

ladylake

Well I have 2-o44s and 2-Echo Cs510s. Figure that one out.
Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

davefrommd

I can't help myself but I like tools. I had originaly wanted to buy a smaller chainsaw for cutting smaller limbs but never bought it yet. I ended up buying two mcculloch saws. I really do want a smaller chainsaw but will try to keep away from the stores for a while. I do have to go back as they gave me a wrong length chain. I just hope they don't show me any other good deals.  Well at least I'm not alone in having my private stock of chainsaws. Thanks for the support.  Dave

Mark M

Hi

My name is Mark and I have been addicted to tool buying for about 10 years. I just can't seem to help myself.  :)

Mark

SasquatchMan

"Extra" tools seem stupid right up until you need em.  I have three circular saws, and you know, the first one was a "back-up", and when the brushes went on #1 I had to pull it out.  Then I got to thinking, I wonder what I'd do if THIS saw conks out - after all, it's just the back up, and not quite as good a saw as the #1... so.... better pick up a Porter Cable as a back up to the back up.
I was thinking the other day it would be nice to keep a saw in the truck all the time too, and one in the shop....
Senior Member?  That's funny.

isawlogs

Hi Mark
  My name is Marcel, the desease you have is, I'm affraid to say,uncurable... :'(  My wife has been trying alsorts of treatment on me and none have ever given any type of posetive responce  ;D I've had it now for almost 30 years.  
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mark M

HI Marcel

I have it so bad I had to move to a new house cause the old one was full. I'm trying my best to fill this one up too. :D

Mark

davefrommd

Dave here, here is what tempts me in buying tools. I'll go to sears and look at the marked down tools mostly display models, brand new never used. Here's what I bought last. porter cable 557 biscuit jointer for $60.00, regular price about $235.00, a makita hand planer $45.00, oroginally about $139.00. 27 ton log splitter  $699.00 regular $1300.00,  Delta 12" drill press half price, etc.. Yes I have bought more then I need and sometimes I feel like I have to hide a tool when I bring it home so I don't have to talk about it. Seeing that I'm not alone I feel a whole lot better.

I also have a generous heart and will sometimes give a friend a tool to keep if I have to many. Dave

Kevin

I always tell my wife what I bought.
I just wait for her to ask ... what's new ?, ... then I tell her  :D.

oldsaw

Okay, I have 4 chainsaws...and I'm looking at a 5th.  Most are older than dirt (hence the moniker), except #4 which is a Sears (Poulan) little guy I got for $5.  Bought it to take out a willow stump.  Ran the thing in the dirt, cut dug, and didn't throw it away as planned.  If it started better, it would get a lot of use as a limber.  Next will be a 460 or 660 Stihl.  I need some power.

Now for the "even" thing.  My wife has managed to "talk me into" a big 10th anniversary ring, and a $500 diamond pendant for her 40th birthday over the past 4 or 5 years...plus other things.  Now my turn is coming.  So for my 10th anniversary present (June will be 15 yrs) this spring, I'm going to get a planer and a big bandsaw, then for my 40th birthday (also passed) I was planning on a jointer, but I may have to squeeze a lathe into my shop too (thanks a lot sawwood...I thought I was "past that").  I'm thinking about tying some little tags on them that say "happy anniversary honey" and "happy 40th B-day" so when she complains I've got something going.

Otherwise, she tends to ignore what I''ve got going on.  Replaced my jitterbug sander twice.  5" DeWalt orbital for $20 at a garage sale, and a DeWalt 1/4 sheet for $40...that was new.  Hasn't noticed the cant hook or the extra couple lengths of log chain yet, and may have to get a pair of skidding tongs this week.  She won't notice that either.  Didn't notice my closeout Bosch plunge router, and didn't complain after my $25 Sears HD drill when I explained that my "new" one I bought right after we were married, and my "old" one I had bought in high school.

I really love tools...we won't talk about planes...have another on deck to be fixed up.  Need more storage spaces.

I love being a guy...

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

davefrommd

I find it easy to make up an excuse to buy another tool. When I brought in my second yellow and black mcculloch chainsaw I brought it in the kitchen and down the basement as no one knew it was my second saw as they both look the same.  Dave

Tom

I wonder if there is a  Chain Saw Anonymous.  I hear that an indication that you need to be a member of AA is that you hide your bottles from folks. :D :D

oldsaw

Okay, I've got a gallon stashed, and another pint of 2 stroke oil too...but that doesn't mean I have a problem...not at all...anyone can see that...

...can't you?

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Tom

:D I wonder what Chainsaw 12 step program would entail. :D

Oregon_Rob

I don't have a problem, I'm only a social sawyer. Besides, if I admitted that I had a problem, that would be the first step and I don't much like the idea of the next 11 steps. ???
But you know, I could probably mill a set of steps, if I had a new saw that is. :D
Chainsaw Nerd

tony_marks

ive already got a 12 step program.. 2 more saws and illl get my little decal to pin on my shirt..  i dont know if they give anything for num 13 or not..

Thank You Sponsors!