iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kentucky Wood Expo, Madisonville, KY

Started by Slingshot, September 12, 2010, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slingshot

Any of you sawmillers going to the Ky Wood Expo Woodmizer is doing this week-end (Sept 17 & 18)
in Madisonville? Got a mailer with an invite and I'm 110 miles away near Elizabethtown. Thinking I might go.

smiley_chop

Warren

Slingshot,

Would love to go and meet some folks.  But I got a Hunters Ed class to take on Saturday.  Last chance before I go to Colorado on an elk hunt.  Just found out you gotta be a lot older in CO to hunt without a card than KY.  Will have to wait till next year when it comes back to London.

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Slingshot

Sounds like more fun. I used to do a lot of deer hunting here in KY.

_________________________-

sling_shot

jonnywood

yes i think i may go to that as well. will have to drag my wife! but i think it will be worth it.

Might see ya there Saturday

Okrafarmer

Doubt I can make it but I sure would like to! Any excuse to go to Kentucky!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Bibbyman

Mary and I hope to go.  If we make it and you make it,  look for us around the big orange WM tent.

We've been there a couple of times and it's always been a nice, small show.  Good time of the year, not real crowded, etc.  We need to pick up some small items for use around the sawmill that are not available locally. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Doug_D

Good place to pick up a cant hook?  I really would like to get one similar to a logrite.  Good reason for a road trip  :)
Our adventure in Building a Log Cabin Rental Business!
www.cabinstartup.com

beenthere

There is nothing "similar" to a logrite, other than a LogRite.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

Quote from: Doug_D on September 13, 2010, 04:57:36 PM
Good place to pick up a cant hook?  I really would like to get one similar to a logrite.  

What kind of talk is that?  There aren't any cant hooks that are similiar to a LogRite.  Get the real deal!!  
Get a LogRite!

Norm

Whoops, just a little later than KM.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Bibbyman

There are a number of Forum Sponsors that carry LogRite and Wood-Mizer is one of them.  I know EZ Boardwalk is a distributer too and he's been there before.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

We ain't quite out the door yet but in a bit...  Looks like we should be there later in the afternoon today and we'll come back in the morning for while.

Hope to see ya-all there!   8)
Sawing since '94

paul case

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 13, 2010, 05:31:40 PM
There are a number of Forum Sponsors that carry LogRite and Wood-Mizer is one of them.  I know EZ Boardwalk is a distributer too and he's been there before.
he not only sells them he uses them and will demonstrate one for you.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Cedarman

Got to the show about 1 Friday.   Listened to an hour and 1/2 on Biomass.  Then visited the vendors.  Met up with Bibbyman and Prosawyer Mary.  Got a tensioning device, some orange chainsaw wrenches, some bar oil, a good lead on a post peeler from Morbark. Jane got a couple of books for the grandkids.  Visited with Woodmizer folks a  bit.  Watched the Bandits eat logs and make mulch and chips.  Met Kaufman that makes cedar bedroom furniture.  Makes nice stuff.  Gary and Mary  and Jane and I went to a barbecue place for a nice dinner,  and then a good breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel.  A very good visit.  Chatted about a lot of stuff.  Really enjoyed their company. Got home before noon. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Bibbyman

We got home about 3:30.  The dowg was happy to see us.

It was a small but nice show.  We visited with the Baker guys quite a bit.  They were at a slow time but said they had quite a bit of activity earlier.

'Corse,  we visited with the Wood-Mizer team.  Here is JB running the LT50 with Gary Moore getting ready to pull the slab.

Mr Zimmerman was there with his EZ Boardwalk mill.  Here he's sawing up a nice walnut log.  Mary and I visited with him. 

He brought along a lot of LogRite cant hooks.  We noted several people walking around with new Blue LogRite cant hooks so he was doing good business with them.

We picked up some banding and clips and 10 gallons of HD oil at a real good price.

And ....  we visited with "Dick n' Jane" quite a bit.
Sawing since '94

paul case

glad you made it to and from safely .
its good to see that mr e.z. is still making the rounds. and it looks like he has some lookers too.
i just realized how faded looking my mill is when i saw those pics. time may heal all wounds but it dont do much for looks, machine or people. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Slingshot

Sounds like a good show. I fully intended to go and meet some of you but too much going on
around here this past week and I decided I didn't want to make the trip. Maybe another time soon.

Warren

Disappointed I could not get to the KY Wood show...   BUT, I did get my Hunter Ed Card !  After 40+ years of hunting in KY,  will head to Colorado in 4 weeks...   Hopefully the elevation doesn't kick my old butt too hard....

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Thank You Sponsors!