iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Salmon

Started by sawguy21, September 11, 2010, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

The Fraser river had a record sockeye run this year and we just had a feast of it. Coated it with olive oil and grilled over low heat for ten minutes per side. Karen whipped up some asparagus and fresh corn, we ate like kings. Sorry, it didn't last long enough for pictures. MMMMM Good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fishpharmer

That's just wrong.  I tell you wrong. :D  Giving a description like that and no pics.

Maybe next time. ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D  Who wants them old half dead sockeye, when they're fresh,  anyway? :D

Just kidding, but gotta roust a bit. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 11, 2010, 10:23:39 PM
The Fraser river had a record sockeye run this year and we just had a feast of it. Coated it with olive oil and grilled over low heat for ten minutes per side. Karen whipped up some asparagus and fresh corn, we ate like kings. Sorry, it didn't last long enough for pictures. MMMMM Good.

Nothing like fresh salmon, we get it year round. My wife is Native so fishing is free anywhere we go!

clif

Hey Sawguy let me help you out with a pic of red salmon fillets!  ;D

Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

sandhills

I love seafood, my uncle took me to Alaska and it's never been the same since!!  Now the only good salmon/crab/halibut I get is what his son sends to us from Haines :(  Which reminds me my aunt invited us over for crab legs first chance we get ;D ;D  That salmon looks great D H, kinda makes my hamburger look pretty bland.

SwampDonkey

Good stuff. We can only get farmed Atlantic here. Except you could fish on reserved rivers with any luck and have some nice eaten wild ones. My cousin caught 3 keepers on the Upsulquitch I think this summer.

We have a member here from the Bartibog (Mirimachi) area who fishes out front of his new camp.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

We had a good haul of sockeye from the Copper River last year and this year, too. 

We vacuum packed them with some dill.  There's nothing like a salmon fillet grilled within hours of catching it.  Mmmm mmmmm.

sandhills

Warbird I agree, never ate so good in my life!  Someday I'm comin' back and plan on founderin' :D :D :D

pappy19

The Costco here in Bountiful, Utah where I am working had fresh Alaskan Sockeye Salmon yesterday and I bought a slab. I also use olive oil plus some Tony's and a little patty of butter here and there, but I don't turn it. I grill on the BBQ until the meat flakes. Comes out moist and yummy. Fresh salmon is hard to beat, and Copper River is the absolute best ever.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!