iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wright Sharpener?

Started by barbender, September 11, 2010, 01:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Anyone have any experience with a wright band sharpener? They look like a solid unit in pictures I've seen, just wondering if anyone uses one.
Too many irons in the fire

ladylake

I've been using one since I got my mill 8 years ago. It's a well built machine , works good with easy adjustments. It take me 6 to 7 minutes to sharpen my 12' 6" bands. Most times on the first sharpening the stone won't hit the whole profile but it does on the 2nd sharpening. The motor is a little underpowered if you try and hog off too much which you shouldn't do.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

I have watched a Wright sharpener running they do good work but chose a Cooks Cats Claw as it is a much more robust machine and adaptable to wider bands.Most any part on a Cooks you could make or find at Graingers.Nothing wrong with Wrights I don't know the price comparison now but I'am sure you'd be happy with it.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ladylake

I've sharpened thousands of bands with no problems with my Wright, Cooks has more power but it's not good to hog off too much at a time. The Wright will sharpen bands at least 2" wide down to 7/8  or less (I've had a few get that wide after 20 or so sharpenings) I paid $1600 new, I think they're around $1800 now.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

WILDSAWMILL

so ladylake have you tryed different grinding wheels on the Wright sharpener ?
i have one myself would like to get a wheel that holds its profile
Kascosaw2B

Thank You Sponsors!