iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moultrie's Coming Up

Started by DanG, September 11, 2010, 12:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

It's time to get ready for the annual trek to Moultrie, Ga. folks! ;D  The show dates this year are October 19-21.  It is always held on Tuesday through Thursday.  It is the biggest agricultural show in the World, so there is a little bit of everything and a whole lot of some stuff there.  We always have a nice crowd of Forumites there and we have a great time.  A few of us always camp among the pines at least one night and enjoy good friends, good food and good music.  We have a blast, so y'all plan to join us there. :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bd354

woodbowl

Quote from: bd354 on September 11, 2010, 03:15:15 PM

I'll be there.

Well .... this time stick around so we can feed ya lima beans and BBQ ribs.  :D  DanG, are you bringing ribs again? I got the lima beans.  ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Well heck, Olen, how should I know what I'm bringing?  It's a good 35-36 days before this becomes an emergency, and you know very well that I don't do ANYTHING until it reaches that point.  All I got on the definite/maybe list right now is ME! ;D  Now I can speckylate that I might stop off at Harvey's grocery store outside of gate 4 and pick up a little something, like I did them ribs.  It sorta depends on what they got on sale at the moment.  There's a chance that I might scout around the place and find something that can serve as some sort of cooking implement before I leave, but I ain't got no idea what it might be.  Could be a old Dodge wheel or the big Charbroil grill, or a couple of cement blocks and a pie plate.  A lot depends on what sort of ride I have running at the moment.  All I can say for sure is that if I ain't there, something real bad has happened!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

I DanG sure wish nothing real bad happens.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bd354

Which gate do ya'll use to reach the campground? 4? I haven't been in the camping area yet.

DanG

Hmmm, now you're taxing my memory. ::)  Direct entry to the camping area is Gate 2, but it can be accessed from the parking areas at Gates 1 and 3.  1 is main parking lot for northbound traffic, and 3 is main parking lot for southbound.  4 is for exhibitors(there are approx. 10,000 people with exhibitor passes) and 5 is for livestock.

i think

brdmkr

If I make it at all , it will have to be on the 21st.  I will be on the road until then.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

Yer just gonna have to do better, Mike. ::) ;)  Here's a plan for ya:  Why not just come on the evening of the 20th and camp with us?  Then you'll already be there on the 21st and get a whole day of the show. ;D

bd354

I'll be glad to bring some ribs or whatever ya'll want to cook. Food is one of my favorite sports.

woodbowl

OK, I'm ready to unwind. It's only about 2 1/2 weeks away.  :)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

bd354

WDH

bd354,

Implore DanG to cook the ribs.  He usually just puts them on, forgets about them (rather than hovering over them), and a miracle happens to produce the tastiest ribs that you have ever knawed.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodbowl

Well, while we're implorin' and knawin', have you decided whether or not you can back out of backing out of comming this year? Don't forget to bring your bass fiddle.  ;)

john_boylan

George W and I will be there sometime Tuesday evening, so save us a liitle space in the circle for my tent.  George has supposedly cleared his calendar for all three days and my calendar is always open, so with the spouses otherwise busy we're really looking forward to a good stay.  See y'all there.

John
009L (laid up), 029 (junk), 350, 346xp, 394xp
Shotgun, a Rifle, and a Four-Wheel Drive
Kubota L175, Gravely C-8 (we be busting brush now!)

Radar67

So, I haven't seen any pictures, or heard any comments..... must mean it didn't happen.  ::)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

That's pretty much what it means. :-\  Tom and I had planned to camp on Wed. night as usual, but it turned out that nobody else was going to be there that night.  So, we just stayed here at my place and BD354 joined us here for the evening.  The ribs were still good. ;)

beenthere

That's disappointing to hear. Was wondering the same thing. Must be no one made it?
That means we all missed out this year.  :(
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

I bet the ribs were good. 

An almost quote from the movie Jeremiah Johnson, "You cook good ribs, Pilgrim".  Instead, they were eating rabbit.  Rabbit ribs just aren't the same  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodbowl

Quote from: beenthere on November 05, 2010, 04:20:45 PM
That's disappointing to hear. Was wondering the same thing. Must be no one made it?
That means we all missed out this year.  :(

Actually, fishpharmer and me were there all day tuesday and wednesday. Two days of walking is not enough time to see everything, but it is enough time to get tuckered out, so we both headed for home wednesday evening. John Boylan and George W did make it. I was hoping that DanG, Tom and BD345 would come on. Oh well, maybe next year.

Radar67

Quote from: WDH on November 05, 2010, 08:27:13 PM
movie Jeremiah Johnson, "You cook good ribs, Pilgrim".

"And you've done well to keep so much hair, when so many are after it."

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

bd354

Yep, the ribs were outstanding. Got to meet Tom and shake his hand. We had a really enjoyable afternoon. About halfway to Dan's I realized I had left my camera at home so sorry no pics. Will try to do better.   George

bd354

Woodbowl, sorry I missed ya. I thought everyone was going Wed. to camp Wed. night. I had already set up my time off from work for Wed. and Thurs. I didn't find out ya'll were going Tues. until Tues. afternoon. We had some good eatin' though. ( we decided not to cook the rattlesnake)

WDH

Terry,

DanG ain't got much hair.  He would have been relatively safe as a Mountain Man from the scalp hunters :).   He is mighty smart though.  He would have known to "put enough dirt down."

Radar67

Danny, he's probably smart enough to know "elk don't know how many feet a horse has" too. :D

Thank You Sponsors!