iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chasing chainsaw?

Started by motif, September 07, 2010, 04:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motif

yesterday when I started my baby it started go wild, like I'd press full throttle button, but I didn't.
what can be a reason for that? Fuel tank was almost empty, when I added more fuel after a while it stabilized.

ladylake

It was running lean from being almost  empty.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

motif

Jeff

I had to look it up. "Sorry" ;)

Definitions of my bad on the Web:

* "My bad" is a popular American idiom. It usually means "my fault" or "I apologize". It was popularized by the film ''Clueless.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_bad

* "My Bad" is the sixth episode of the American situation comedy Scrubs. It originally aired as episode 6 of on October 30, 2001.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bad

* is never acceptable in written or spoken communications. The proper phrase is "my mistake."
      www.wcu.edu/11837.asp
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

motif

Quote from: Jeff on September 10, 2010, 09:01:09 AM

* is never acceptable in written or spoken communications. The proper phrase is "my mistake."
      www.wcu.edu/11837.asp

never say never  :)

BTW, I'm curious what is the physics behind running lean speed up.

Al_Smith

A lean mixture burns at a faster rate of speed .This accounts for increased speed ,often so much it will burn the engine up with the increased heat .Not only on a 2 cycle but any engine .

For what it's worth modern auto engines are designed to run lean but they use a "knock sensor " to detect too lean of a condition .This is controlled by way of the EEC or electronic engine control modual ,a type of computer .So much for auto engines .

A chain saw with a torn intake boot can reach an amazing amount of speed on just what it can suck in through the idle jet with the butterfly completely  closed . I'm guessing around 10,000 rpm . If you every get one to "run away" hit that ignition kill switch ASAP  . Else we're talking crispy critter saw engine in a real short time span, not good .

nc/sc

Quote from: Jeff on September 10, 2010, 09:01:09 AM
I had to look it up. "Sorry" ;)

Definitions of my bad on the Web:

* "My bad" is a popular American idiom. It usually means "my fault" or "I apologize". It was popularized by the film ''Clueless.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_bad

* "My Bad" is the sixth episode of the American situation comedy Scrubs. It originally aired as episode 6 of on October 30, 2001.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bad

www.wcu.edu/11837.asp

Whenever someone says it to me, I ask "Your bad what?" ::)

motif

Quote from: nc/sc on September 10, 2010, 07:36:59 PM
Whenever someone says it to me, I ask "Your bad what?" ::)

my bad.  ;D

Jeff

I don't think you want to know what I say to my 28 year old when he says that. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John R

Quote from: Al_Smith on September 10, 2010, 03:47:03 PM
A lean mixture burns at a faster rate of speed .This accounts for increased speed ,often so much it will burn the engine up with the increased heat .Not only on a 2 cycle but any engine .

They wind up real good on plain gas too (no oil mixed in) They just won't run very long like that.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Al_Smith

:D They tell me early on some of the saw racers would start them up on heavy oil mix then dump the fuel and straight gas them in hopes to gain some R's .It proven not to be a great well thought out plan .

They did however become quite proficient in rebuilding engines as a result  of the error of their ways .

Thank You Sponsors!