iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing

Started by northwoods1, September 06, 2010, 02:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwoods1

Here are some random pictures of some things I have been sawing. Weather here has been feeling like winter isn't to far off. tc

paul case

northwoods1,
those are some dandy pics.i realy like the building. will it be a metal roof? nice job sawing those burls and stumps. that wood really looks neat. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peder McElroy

Great Photos and the building will be good for winter. I was just up at my mill designing a new building for my Lucas 618.

northwoods1

Quote from: paul case on September 06, 2010, 02:59:31 PM
northwoods1,
those are some dandy pics.i realy like the building. will it be a metal roof? nice job sawing those burls and stumps. that wood really looks neat. pc

Yes I put a green metal roof on it. I salvaged the posts, 30' trusses, 20' 2'x4's' rafters and most all the other lumber from another building that had to be taken down. Now I just need to get a shed built for my sawmill that is one of my next projects.

Tom

Okrafarmer

Very nice! Is that a Massey Ferguson 50 tractor?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

pasbuild

WHOW :o  had to go change my shirt I drooled so much, I like figured wood.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Banjo picker

Some of that sure would make a pretty banjo neck... ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishpharmer

northwoods1, cool pictures.  Is that skidder like machine a tree cutter?  What's the story on it?

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bill Gaiche

Welcome, and those are some very nice photos and the wood is awesome. What do you do with the Burls? Better get started soon on the saw shed, winter is just around the corner. bg

Okrafarmer

Quote from: fishpharmer on September 06, 2010, 09:10:46 PM
northwoods1, cool pictures.  Is that skidder like machine a tree cutter?  What's the story on it?

I think I missed that one-- which picture?  ???
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

fishpharmer

Pic below barn pic.  Yellow machine on right margin.  WM between it and truck.  Lots of long straight logs on the left.  See it?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Carpenter

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 06, 2010, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: fishpharmer on September 06, 2010, 09:10:46 PM

I think I missed that one-- which picture?  ???

I missed that the first time too.  I was looking at the logs.  Nice operation and welcome to the forum.  It feels like winter is not far off here too.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: fishpharmer on September 06, 2010, 09:47:07 PM
Pic below barn pic.  Yellow machine on right margin.  WM between it and truck.  Lots of long straight logs on the left.  See it?

Ah yes, had to scroll over. Looks like a 3-wheeled shear if I make my guess. They used to have a lot of those in Maine.

DanG

Since I get a free guess here, I'm gonna surmise that the yeller machine is a Bell feller-buncher, and the red one is a MF-65. ;D

Really nice looking operation there! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chuck White

I agree on the MF-65 too DanG.

Looks like winter is there, except for no snow.  Leave are all gone.  Is that now or Last Fall or Spring?

Good pics, I like the log decks!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don K

Wow man  :o great pics and better figure. I didn't miss the cutter as my eyes are drawn to logging equipment. raised up around it.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Okrafarmer

Quote from: DanG on September 07, 2010, 01:28:01 AM
Since I get a free guess here, I'm gonna surmise that the yeller machine is a Bell feller-buncher, and the red one is a MF-65. ;D

Really nice looking operation there! 8) 8)

You may be right about both. In Maine, feller-buncher's are called shears (ok, "Sheah's") probably because people are too lazy to say "Fella-buncha." You know, too many syllables.

We use a Massey Harris 50 (which became MF 50 after some changes on the production line). You may be right about that one being a 65.

fred in montana

That look like an MF 65 to me. That's what I use.
woodmizer lt15, mf 65 tractor
logdovetailjig.com

Left Coast Chris

Im thinking MF 135 for the tractor.  "Old Faithful" is what I call mine.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on September 10, 2010, 10:21:11 AM
Im thinking MF 135 for the tractor.  "Old Faithful" is what I call mine.

Looks older and bigger to me. Too tall and not squared off like the 135. The 135 is a good machine, btw.

mad murdock

Hey Northwoods1 nice looking boards there.  Are you in Forest Co.? I grew up in Vilas Co.  Looks like some nice hard maple with maybe some birds eye? That stuff goes (or used to) for a lot of $$.  Nice looking barn you have growing up there.  Keep the pics flowing, and thanks for sharing!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

northwoods1

It's a Massey Ferguson 50, I just love that little tractor it is so handy to have around. The 3 wheel machine is a Hydro Ax hydrostatic buncher with a 28" Timbco sawhead. Mad Murdock I am in Northern Oconto county, how did you end up way out where you are? Logs not big enough here? haha, and yes some of that wood is very highly figured birdseye. I was cutting logs next to a processor crew and the logs from that tree came very close to going for pallets (!) which is the only sort besides pulp that they were doing.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 06, 2010, 08:32:06 PM
Very nice! Is that a Massey Ferguson 50 tractor?

Do I get 10 points?

I use a Massey Harris Ferguson model 50 at work-- the precursor of the Massey Ferguson 50.

Thank You Sponsors!