iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newest member of the family

Started by oakiemac, September 03, 2010, 10:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

New (to me) bouncing baby boy forklift. Hyster 6000lb lift, side shift, triple stage mast. I need to replace tires with pneumatic but after that it should be a nice addition. 8)

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tom

Did it have any trouble with that board?

js2743

thats a heavy load you got there, looks like it even sunk the tires to the rims  :D

oakiemac

It is an optical illusion. That "board" is actually a large stack of lumber ;)

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Mooseherder

StephenRice

Quote from: js2743 on September 03, 2010, 11:05:15 PM
thats a heavy load you got there, looks like it even sunk the tires to the rims  :D

ROFLMBO!

But, that does look like a nice machine.  I'm even just a bit jealous!
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

DanG

You're gonna love it Oakie!  A forklift like that is by far the best choice for moving logs and lumber around the mill.  Congrats! :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

paul case

yup nice one. i see years of service in its future. it wont be long till we wont have to imagine the stacks of lumber it will be movin. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

fishpharmer

Oakiemac, do you know how much more it will lift than the bobcat?

Nice machine. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

gator gar

Man that is a nice machine. Congratulations!!

weisyboy

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Magicman

That looks  :o  like a lumber handling machine !!  Congratulations.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Nice little fork truck!  8)  8)  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Meadows Miller

Gday

Okie Congrats on the Hyster like dang said your gonna love it and its gona come in handy for the big ones Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) Just make sure you get rid of any topsoil  put down some crushed rock and consolidate it well where ever you want to drive it before the wet weather setts in though  Mate  ;)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chuck White

Quote from: Tom on September 03, 2010, 10:34:35 PM
Did it have any trouble with that board?

Tom; I think OAKIE likes to drive it and wants the job to last a while!  ;D :D

Congrats oakiemac!  Nice find!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Chuck I thought we all where like that with a new toy Mate  ;) :D :D :D ;D 8) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

oakiemac

Actually it is stuck in that picture. I parked it on some newer gravel and then we got 2" of rain and it was too soft.
I plan on putting air tires on it and use it in the new quonset building that is hopefully going up here shortly. I will have to do some work around the mill in order to use it to load logs because the ground is very soft and muddy by the mill.

The Bobcat will lift about 3500lbs max and the new fork lift is rated at 6000lbs so it will be a big difference.

DanG

Just the ease of getting on and off a hundred times a day will make a huge difference.  I would do whatever is needed to upgrade the ground around the mill. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!