iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I LOVE RUST REAPER

Started by woodmills1, September 02, 2010, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

DanG  my sears crafstman 3 ton jack from years ago has been getting harder and harder to turn the handle to pump or let down

last week it stopped turning at all

gotta do back brake pads on the 4500

rust reaper ona top  flip the jack rust reaper onna bottem.

20 minute problem solved

DID  I say i LOVE  Rust Reaper
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Warbird

It's pretty amazing stuff, alright.  It resurrected a good old ratchet of mine that the insides had rusted up.  Worked like new and saved me a lot of $.

SwampDonkey

I worked some rust reaper into the throttle cable housing on my brush saw. It was beginning to go in and out hard, causing hand fatigue. Loosened right up. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

We used it today to loosen up a pto shaft on the big mower. Great stuff!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

pasbuild

I use it on my guide bearings on the shaper, there sealed bearings and without  RR I would be replacing them at a rate of two every four to six months, I have only replaced two in the last year and a half, that little bottle of RR has paid for itself five times over.                                                   
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

StephenRice

Sounds like some good stuff.  I do not think that I have ever seen it, though.  Where do y'all get it at and how much is it?
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Warbird

http://www.rustreaper.com/

Tell 'em you learned about 'em from the Forestry Forum.  They've also got a sponsor board here at the FF.

StephenRice

Looks like a good product.  Do all of you order your Rust Reaper online?

Reddog

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I'm going to be using it on my planer motor bearings as well. Of course the last one lasted 13 years, but just the same, preventative maintenance.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Quote from: Patty on September 07, 2010, 05:25:40 PM
We used it today to loosen up a pto shaft on the big mower. Great stuff!  8)

I was out there with a big ash wrench and a 3# hammer when Patty came out and said want me to get the RR? Oh no honey I'm enjoying working on my colorful language and turning my fingernails purple! :D

Poured it on and 5 minutes later it freed up to turn by hand.

Warbird

LOL  Is that the guy version of "doing your nails", Norm?  ;D

Stephen, it's not often I am super impressed by a product but RR is the best 'rust eater' I've ever used.  It has saved 2 or 3 items, including the aforementioned ratchet, from the garbage can.

StephenRice

That is cool.  I haven;t been doing a lot of work lately, but I will be sure to get some sometime, probably one of those combo packs.

petefrom bearswamp

bought  quart about a year ago. Am not impressed so far.
Perhaps I'm using it wrong.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

I've had too many great results to not be impressed. As well, several others that have tried it from antique guns in long-term storage, to removing rusted nuts and bolts from an old 45 yr old lawn tractor stored too many years outside. They swear it is the best they've tried yet.

But expect there are applications or expectations that are not impressive. Have yet to find 'em.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Pete you need to elaborate on the applications you've used it. Otherwise, your leaving yourself wide open to skepticism.  ;)

Warbird

You do know it's not supposed to be used as toothpaste, right?  ;D

SwampDonkey

I know wintergreen berries are mighty tasty. ;D

isawlogs

I was tapping some bolts today and had run out of cutting oil, RR was used and it did just fine.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

petefrom bearswamp

Yes i am still un-impressed.
When I bought the stuff I was shown a bolt that was completely cleaned.
Once Again, how do you guys use this stuff ?
If I have some direction on how to use it and it works, then i will change my tune.
Do you saturate the spots and parts or just spray?
I have been just spraying on a very rusted Browning shotgun, letting it rest for a period of time and cleaning.
not impressive results.

To the forum narrator who emailed me.
How does a negative opinion on an advertisers product detract from this forum?
Pete.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

PS I don't remember posting on this product before, but perhaps I did.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

3 times. Now 4. you have made the same remarks 3 times after people have went and posted in praise of the product, but after your last post I think I see the problem. you must think the product is used as rust remover to clean rusted parts to look new.  Well that is absolutely not the intended use of the product. not at all.  If that's what you are expecting, that's not going to happen. The product is used to lubricate and and a penetrating lubricant to free up corroded stuck parts.

Its not the moderator that sent you the note, it was the owner. ME. you were asked before to call the manufacturer to ask about how you were using it and you did not. Instead you continue to pop into positive threads and make sure people hear you say how the product has failed you. Well now I know why.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wwsjr

Glad I saw this thread, reminded I needed to order more. I cannot make it without Rust Reaper.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

petefrom bearswamp

My hat is in my hand and am now hoping to eat crow regarding the effectiveness of this product..
I didn't intend to stir up a hornet's nest, just try to find out how to properly use the stuff.
the distributor i bought it from implied that it it would completely clean up parts.
I have now visited the mfrs site and am using it according to directions on a sticking brake pedal on my ATV.
Jeff, I guess i failed to visit the site after my older comments., my mistake and I apologize.
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!