iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another whutzit

Started by woodbowl, September 01, 2010, 07:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

nas

That a wire bending jig.  To bend wire into whatever shape.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

JV

John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

isawlogs

I kinda use my pliers for that , that must do a pretty nice job ... Knowing how things go , I would get one and every time I needed it it would be for sure not where I look .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

You can bend flat iron with it too, for decorative scroll work on doors, windows, tables, and such.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

I've been wondering what this thing was for several years now. It came in a box of stuff that also had copper water pipe fittings, soilder and other plumbing fixtures, It's about 4" to 5" long and made out of aluminum. I tried bending piano wire with it, but things wouldn't stay put. Like Marcel said, a pair of pliers work good.

So, how exactly is it commonly used?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Chuck White

First thing to do is fasten it down on a bench that is heavy, so it won't move!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishpharmer

It looks like a Baker "bullet" band blade guide?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

nas

From the Lee Valley website

Anyone who has tried to shape wire with pliers will appreciate the usefulness of this jig.

With the wire bending jig held in a vise (or mounted), you can bend mild steel wire up to 3/16" or 5mm diameter to any shape.

Perfect for making custom tool holders or pegboard hooks from coat-hanger wire.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/gifts/page.aspx?p=32012&cat=4,104,53212&ap=6

Nick

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

fishpharmer

Bravo, Nas gets the prize.

What's the prize?

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!