iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tire pressure

Started by furltech, August 30, 2010, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

I have a 230 tj forwarder with 24.5x32 tires on it and am not able to find out what the tire pressure is supposed to be .i was hoping someone had an answer out there for me .?

furltech

Does 32 pounds seem to much?

beenthere

Might try the web for a table.

32 might be on the high side, as this site indicates.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/aex-fact/0530.html

Here is a USFS publication on air pressure in tires.

http://www.fs.fed.us/ne/newtown_square/publications/research_papers/pdfs/scanned/OCR/ne_rp247.pdf
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Autocar

I have 24.5x32 and I only put 25 lbs in mine.
Bill

timberman

I don't have specific information, but your question reminds me of getting delivery of new 230A Timberjack in 1988.  The trucking company had pumped up the tires in order to keep the machine from bouncing on the float.  Wasn't aware of that when took delivery - had a 3" hard maple spur right through the facing within one day.  Lesson:  lower pressure equals more give from the tire. 

furltech

thanks for the input and help guys

bushmechanic

I have ran numerous 230D Timberjack forwarders and the stickers on the inside of the canopy will tell you about 18 or 20 psi for that tire size.We always found that 30 psi was much better on the forwarder and the extra pressure kept it from getting stumped with the weight of ten meters of wood on the machine.

fuzzybear

this post got me thinking about the tires on my "skidder". It's a Chevy 3/4 tonne with 235/75/R16 tires.  Has any one ever run theses tires in a bush only truck? if so what tire pressure did you run. I have them at 50psi currently, but was thinking about dropping them down to 30psi for more "bounce" and deflection.
  Am I off or close? any help would be appreciated.
fb
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!