iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Me and my LT40 on a mobile job

Started by Chuck White, August 27, 2010, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Well, I'll be dipped, it worked!

This is a pic of me and my mill on one of many mobile saw-jobs.
This particular one was a couple of years ago.

Oops, forgot to include my off-bearer!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bill Gaiche

That was some very nice lumber your offbearer has on display.

pasbuild

If your client played his cards right he sold the old barn boards for three times the cost of the new ones.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Stephen1

Did they repalce all the boards..or just fill the hole in the back ground?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

fishpharmer

Nice pics there Chuck White and offbearer! 8)

What kind of 4x4 tractor is that?

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

I'm looking at the log and never noticed the tractor  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wannabeonetoo

Kinda looks like a Zetor (tractor) to me.
Beautiful wide boards too,EWP ???

Steve

paul case

nice pics chuck white!   your offbearer looks real happy about those wide boards. most my offbearers dont get the excited look when those come off the mill.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

The customer has a wood shop in the front, first floor of the barn.  He even has a kiln in there!
The barn is in the process of restoration.  Today it looks very nice.
The old boards that were removed were broken, so they were used for wood-working projects such as picture frames, etc.

Sawed a lot of real nice Eastern White Pine & a few Hard Maple that year, we've sawed mostly Hemlock & Red Oak since then.

The tractor is a "SAME", pronounced SAW-MEE!  It belongs to the customer.

The board on display is either 16 or 18 inches wide by 12 ft.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Chuck it looks like you and the Off bearer are having a good time  and sawing some nice timber by the looks of it  Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

weisyboy

nice boards there mate.

how do you get the boss out to work?
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

ljmathias

Weisy- good question but one most of answer this way: we don't want the boss out watching or helping, she'd just tell us to slow down, do it more carefully, watch out!  and then scream like a banchee if a bug happened to crawl her way.  At least that's how is it around my place.  The other side of the coin: she's a great nana- watches the kids, bakes cookies with them (some of which I get to eat) and generally keeps things on an even keel.  Wouldn't trade that for any outside help.  :) :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Chuck White

Quote from: weisyboy on August 29, 2010, 04:38:14 AM
nice boards there mate.

how do you get the boss out to work?

Sheila likes to go out on the saw-jobs, but cant always do so!

Kind of likes to keep her hands in it, so to speak!

She knows how to run the mill, but gets a little nervous cutting other peoples lumber!

White Pine is my favorite log to saw.  But, I do like to saw any species, especially when it's something I hadn't sawn before!

Thank You Sponsors!