iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husqvarna pole saw oiler

Started by olyeller, August 27, 2010, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olyeller

Thanx to D_Frederick for recent info. I will post my experience since it may help others. When my 326P5 quit oiling I first made sure all the ports were open. Then, I disassembled the box to check the excentric cam. It was a little worn so I replaced it but no help. The piston rod appears to move in and out OK on the cam. I tried to check the pump by submerging the port with the filter in oil and manually operating the piston rod. I could not get any oil to come out of the output port. I then removed the retaining pin in the middle of the pump and disassembled it. As I did a small piece of plastic fell out of the output side leaving a small spring exposed. I then took out the input connecting port to make sure there were no stoppages.

I can't figure out how the pump is supposed to work . All it has is the cam driven piston rod passing back and forth over the input port. When operating of course the piston rod is moving back and forth quickly. Is this enough to draw oil through the pump? Can a good pump be operated manually to verify oil is moving through the pump? Anyway I have a new pump on order.

Thank You Sponsors!