iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mills gone

Started by DextorDee, August 27, 2010, 02:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DextorDee

The last of my oak I cut guess its time to stack. My back don't like this. I miss my youth :'(

Yep 78 Dodge powerwagon :D

No mill just sawdust thats a lonesome looking site. :'(
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Magicman

I always wear a back support belt when sawing.  Whether I'm handling lumber or not.  I'm 67 also.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

my back dont like all that handling lumber either and i am only 35. i cheat and use the fel as much as i can. i have gotten pretty good at it.
i feel for you guys that dont have one . they really save on the back .  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Stephen1

Quote from: Magicman on August 27, 2010, 05:15:09 PM
I always wear a back support belt when sawing.  Whether I'm handling lumber or not.  I'm 67 also.   ;)
is that the wide fat belt that you see a weight lifter wear?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Magicman

Quote from: Stephen1 on August 27, 2010, 06:04:23 PMis that the wide fat belt that you see a weight lifter wear?

Yes kinda.  It came from the weightlifting department.  Mine is 3½" wide.  I always wear it when sawing and when I am working on something below waist height. 

This is a well used belt

I also wear one when I'm on the tractor.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Never mess with a black belt sawyer.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

:D :D :D :D :D Thats a bloody good one i got a good laugh outa it Frank  ;)  ;D

and what Paul said x2 I had to hand load afew 4000bft loads last year by hand while the chamberlain was out of action it aint no fun  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

SwampDonkey

You guys move too much at once, I only try to move 400 bf at a time. :D ;)

Most of mine goes up overhead in the barn. :/

I haven't moved any for 10 years now, gotta use up current inventory. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bandmiller2

Older fellas have to use their heads insted of their backs,I never let slabs or boards hit the ground everything gets put on a truck/trailer or heavy duty saw horses, no bending down to pick up heavy loads.Work smart Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

If you don't work with your head, you won't work tomorrow.   :D

DextorDee

I need one of those belts, if you hear a strange noise its my back screaming :'( :'(
Maybe Tractor Supply or Home Depot?
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

sandhills

I'm 37 and share your missery.  Pretty sure my back is the weakest part of my body anymore!  Grew up throwin little round bales of hay all day everyday all summer, kinda woulda thought that woulda helped, guess not.  I do have a belt that's quite a bit wider than MM's, really like it but only use it after I really screwed everything up, maybe should try it beforehand :D :D

SwampDonkey

So, you stash'n and hording the oak Dextor, or sell'n?  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DextorDee

Guess I'll stash and horde the oak. Maybe someday get around to using it. Seems like since I retired I do less and less. I still want to do things, my get up and get started just sorta disapeared. Back trouble has been one of the worse things that has happen to me. The back problem layed me up for so long the rest of my body went to flab.
Its easy to get outa shape hard road back trying to get back in shape. :'(
Its good to get on the forum and read about some you guys as old as I am and older still going strong. 8)
Protect your Back!
Ken
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Okrafarmer

I regret to say, Ken, that although I've looked at your mill quite a bit we've been so flat-out busy cutting trees down and such that we haven't set it up and run it yet. We are sure looking forward to it, though. I'll try to get some pictures up when we do. We'll put it to good use, I assure you!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!