iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pressure washer

Started by Cedarman, August 26, 2010, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

I have a Briggs and Stratton  Elite 3100psi.  It is now leaking around the gaskets on the pump.  Called BS to get a kit to rebuild.  Was told no can do, must buy a new pump at over $200 .  They gave me a local dealer to call.  He said he has had a 1/2 dozen pumps go bad on that BS PW.  Can't repair as far as he knows.
I don't plan to buy a replacement pump as it will most likely go bad. The dealer indicated poor workmanship.  He also said it takes funny d shaped O rings.

If I was a dictator with ultimate power, there would be a few less engineers around.
I have cleared away most of the blue air.

Anyone have any experience fixing one of these pumps?
I need to get a new one because we use it quite a bit to strip bark off cedar logs.
Anyone recommend a good one.  3000psi or more is needed.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Warbird

I'd start here:

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/briggs-&-stratton-breakdowns-parts

It has annoying audio guy talking but looks to be a great resource to start with.  Good luck.

sawguy21

Repair parts are not available for many of the entry level pw's and yours is one. Parts and labor cost more than a new unit. A good unit will cost some bucks but will pay off if cared for properly, look for a General, Cat, or Blackhawk pump. General repair parts are the most reasonably priced.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mr T

Tractor supply stores have them on sale this week Sounds like a good deal

Coon

Get yourself a Karcher pressure washer they are well worth the money they want for them.  You can even get deisel models....

www.karcher.com if you wanna check them out.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Onthesauk

Cedar,

Might be worth at least making the question of these folks.  Had a friend repair on 20 years by these folks.

Dalco Pressure Washers
3010 Old HWY 99 S. Rd.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
(800) 877-6273
(360) 428-3850
(360) 428-6916
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!