iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edmiston Sawmills

Started by altonwoods, August 25, 2010, 10:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altonwoods

Howdy! I'm new here and my name is Jeff. I live in SE Missouri.

I would appreciate it if anyone here would offer their opinions and or experiences with Edmiston Sawmills. My friend is seriously looking at one that has been out of service for about a year. I don't know the model# I will try to post some pictures I have. Thanks!

Ron Wenrich

The closest we come to an Edminston mill is that we have an Edminston edger.  Well built and very serviceable.  We've had it for over 20 years.

I know that quite a few mills ran Edminston for a good number of years.  They have a good reputation as to being well built.  You can get good production numbers from those mills. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

altonwoods

Thanks for the reply Ron, It reminds me of a Hurdle quite a bit...it's got a Miner edger too! Tomorrow we're going to start the moving process on this mill. It comes with everything needed except a loader, right down to the banding equipment and blade tools! It's going to be a huge amount of work to move it,refurbish it,and then set it up!

bandmiller2

Jeff, your right its not an easy job to remove and relocate a circular mill.A couple of tips take alot of pictures before you dissmantle, close ups of critical areas,take measurements like from the track to the husk,knees to arbor  est. When removed study its foundation and make a drawing.Oh and welcome, keep us posted with your progress don't get discouraged.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to the Forum Jeff  ;D  8) it looks like you got the makings of a good mill there Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)   Edmistons seem a good mill from what ive heard about them over the years and from what i can nut out they run a similar partern to the Meadows mills  so you might be able to find some parts that might interchange between them and good luck with the shift which should not be too hard as its a portable Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!