iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swamp Loggers

Started by adirondack harvester, August 21, 2010, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adirondack harvester

Met Bobby Goodson (Swamp Loggers) today in Boonville, NY. He was just as nice in person as you see him on TV. He gave some info about the show and the timber company for whom he cuts.

WDH

He would be someone that I would enjoy talking to.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

He certainly seems like a down to earth real deal man.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

treefarmer87

yea my wife and i are going to be moving down near where they cut, maybe ill meet him. he seems like a really great guy. 
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

timberfaller390

Treefarmer, that seems like a pretty far move for a young guy/family with a bunch of equipment. You have some timber already lined up to cut?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Autocar

Out of all the logging shows, Bobby for sure seems like a great guy to work for. I would like to see his bone yard I get a kick out of logging junk , no I mean treasures  ;D
Bill

adirondack harvester

He said there will be 10 new episodes coming out after they're done fiming on Setember 3rd.  They haven't told him yet when they will begin airing, and he doesn't know if they will be shooting anymore episodes.  He also said that Corbett Timber ownss over 200,000 acres so getting the tracts is never a real problem just played up for TV.

Tug Hill Walt

any body else make it up to Boonville? I go Fri to shop when the slickers aren't there, and Sun to watch. Never made Sun. this year way to much rain.

Buck

Hope ya invited him to join us on the Forum. :)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

treefarmer87

timberfaller390  im not sure yet, i only saw tree length pine/swamp logging going on down there. my wife wants me to do something else, i dont wanna give up logging. if there is a good short log market ill move my equip. maybe put some flotation tires on the c5. if not ill leave my equip. on our family farm. i might buy a buncher,grapple skidder, and a new loader and do tree legnth. i better bring my money though...... ;) if i find plenty of wood to cut, my equip is coming with me :) 
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

timberfaller390

No good market for short wood, unless you are doing select cut high quality hardwood logging, which is what I do, then tree length pine is all there is.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

treefarmer87

yea thats what i noticed. i do a lot of high quality hardwood up here. i didnt see to much hardwood down there though!
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!