iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More of a farmer question

Started by Jeff, August 21, 2010, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Can anyone Identify any of these?  All six are headed out in my one small foodplot. I have an idea on half.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Them are all weeds if they are growin' where ya don't  want 'em   ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Autocar

The first one looks like Oats and the third one is fox tail I believe. Ive seen the fourth one but no clue what it is  ;D
Bill

Jeff

I know the 4rth one is golden millet and the first one oats, as I planted those.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

Just guesses from first impressions as I don't see much of this anymore. One is oats, two is barley, three is some kind of sorgum, four may well be a millet and also looks like some wheat, and don't know about the other two.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

The two on the far right look like  rushes: bulrush and woodrush. Although, the far right could be a grass: bluegrass or bluejoint. Rushes are not jointed so that would help separate them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Banjo picker

#5 looks to be what I would call Swamp Grass...I would suppose there is a proper name though....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bro. Noble

Look at #5 and see if it has a triangular stem.  If it does, it's some kind of sedge.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

I've kinda got a one up'ns as I was up to Jeff's and I did see some rushes. But, I'm sure he wouldn't have to look far for some sedge either. We determined his other grass like plants were horsetails, and he's got'm by the thousands in his rutted spots. They will always grow in openings in lowland white cedar sites as with the rushes and sedge. Guaranteed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

miking

#1 looks like smooth brome and #5 and #6 is hardstem and softstem bulrush, usually found in wet areas.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

miking

Pretty sure it's the hardstem bulrush. Nutsedge has much more pointed spikelets than that as well as a yellowish cast
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

dchiapin

the one on the far right looks like Wool-Grass (Scirpus cyperinus)

Thank You Sponsors!