iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rustic shed

Started by fred in montana, August 21, 2010, 07:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

I've seen people go over their lumber "lengthwise" with a pressure washer to give new lumber the feel of "old barn boards", then let nature do the staining.

Doing so will give extra surface exposure and speed up the weathered appearance.

I like the idea of inside battens too!  My brothers dairy barn was built like that, nearly 100 years ago.  Makes for a smoother appearance on the outside.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishpharmer

Last spring I cut some white oak boards.  Now several months later they are gray and look very old.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!