iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad News

Started by Texas Ranger, August 18, 2010, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Merle Hazen, haytrader, died in a car accident this past Sunday.  His funeral will be tomorrow the 19th.

I received the following from his family.

Hello.  My name is Lindi and I am Merle's youngest daughter.  I am sorry I have to tell you this by email, but my father passed away in a car accident early Sunday afternoon.  His funeral is tomorrow afternoon.   If you would like to email back that is fine.  He was a great man and will be missed by many.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Yes, that is sad news.  My condolences to the family.

beenthere

Our prayers with the family of Haytrader. He will be missed here as well. Sad to hear that.

Obit
http://www.dodgeglobe.com/obituaries/x1351160300/Merle-Gene-Hazen
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

Our prayers will be for his family as well.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Coon

Prayers from our family to yours.  Haytrader was a fine man. He will be missed.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Sad news indeed. I'm sorry for his family's loss and ours, as a long time forum member.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

Sad news indeed.  He stopped by our grinding operation in Ok just after we got started to check us out.  He was a pretty neat guy.  He usually had some pithy comments for the forum.  Haytrader will be missed.  Condolences to his family, you are in our prayers.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

DanG

I am saddened to learn of this.  I will miss his colorful sense of humor and folksy sayings.  He stopped by here for a couple of hours one time and we had a ball swapping yarns in the "spittin' and whittlin'" area.  I'll miss him a lot.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chuck White

My thoughts will be with his family and friends today.
I didn't know him personally, but I'll miss him.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Faron

I am saddened to hear of it as well.  Merle was a member I would have liked to meet.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

fishpharmer

Merle and I talked hay a good bit through pm's.   He was one of those guys you would love to sit down with for a long spell and chew the fat.  My prayers go out to his family.  Rest in peace my friend.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Fla._Deadheader

A man I never met, but, considered a REAL good friend. We had talked about a project for us to work together.

Sorry I never got to shake his hand. I will miss his correspondence, greatly.

Condolences to his family. A true loss to humanity.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

Here is a picture of Haytrader (far right) and wife when we met at a Wood-Mizer open house in Mt. Vernon, Mo in 2002.

Condolences to his family and many friends.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

How very sad.  On August 6th he posted the Amazing Grace thread.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

"My heroes have always been cowboys.
And they still are, it seems.
Sadly, in search of, but one step in back of,
Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams."   ~ Willie Nelson

It's hard to believe our rodeo buddy is gone.  My prayers to his family.  He was so proud of his family.  An incredible loss for us all.

Say when

Jeff

Merl was one of the first 100 members of the Forestry Forum. He will be greatly missed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

I am sorry to hear this news. Haytrader will be missed in many different ways. Condolences to the family as well.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

brdmkr

My prayers go out for his family. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bro. Noble

My wife and I were fortunate to spend a very enjoyable day with Merle and his wife.  He was a very nice person and I'll miss him. 
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Warbird

Oh no.   :'(  I pray he is with the Lord now and for comfort for his family and friends.  He will be very missed here.

isawlogs

My condolences go out to the family and friends of Merle.  :'( 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ronwood

My condolences also.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bill Johnson

My condolences go out to the family
Bill

DoubleD

My paryer and my condolences to the family.
Wannabe a sawmiller

okmulch

Was not able to talk long with haytrader, but glad to say I got to meet him in person. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Thank You Sponsors!