What is that smell?

Started by Brad_bb, August 18, 2010, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

Just got my sample kit of RR.  There is a smell to the samples that is kind of like incense or some spice that is familiar, what is it?  Do they scent the stuff on purpose?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tom

I think Mike said it was winter green and it has a purpose in his concoction.  Supposedly it has some of the properties that makes the formula work.  Smells good, doesn't it?

Jeff

It is Wintergreen and it's an important and active ingredient.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

I was wondering the same thing! :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

I picked and ate some wintergreen berries up at Jeff's, but he wouldn't indulge. I think that was after I told him about the red bane berry that can cut your wind off, when we were biking. :D We also have white bane berry up here, look like eyes. ;)

[edit: winterberry is an Ilex holly and not edible, we are talking about the minty flavoured winter green berry that can be picked in the fall or following spring to eat]
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customdave

It smells so good I had to taste it , its not that bad , but I would not use it for mix in a drink unless your joints are sezing up  ;D

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust