iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Justin's Rattlesnake Bite

Started by Magicman, August 17, 2010, 01:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

For anyone that frequents the outdoors, this is worth looking at.

http://www.rattlesnakebite.org/
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom

What a terrible thing for a 13 year-old to endure.

I have to be concerned as well, because I live in the habitat of Eastern Diamond Backs and cottonmouth moccasins.

Photos like that certainly make one alarmed at the possibilities.

okmulch

When I got home last Tuesday  from the hog roast Me and my son went into the house  to see the wife and his mom, and talked for a few minutes then I went back out to the truck to unload, just as I stepped out of the garage I noticed something under foot scurry off to the left. After further investigating it turned out to be  a copperhead!  I stepped within inches of it luckily it was more scared of me and scurried away.

Right before I left for the trip I lifted a large 50 horse motor up that was sitting out by a tree with the loader to put into the truck and take to cedarman and there was a copperhead under it. This tree is only feet away from where my boys have a sand box.

Needless to say there are a few less copperheads around the house. I seem to have to kill at least one a year.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

jdtuttle

When I was living in Montana my wife was bitten by a rattle snake. It was during dog days when they go through their molt and she stepped right on it. I had a snake bite kit and sucked as much venom out as I could (with the suction cup).When we got to the hospital some young Doctor chewed me out for using the kit. A couple hours later another more mature Doctor said it was a good thing I used the kit because my wife was allergic to the anti-venom medicine. They had her on morphine for 24 hours & she had a complete recovery. She was in alot of pain while the venom ran through her body. If your in snake country my advice is to carry a snake bite kit.
jim
Have a great day

indiaxman1

Have had numerous run-ins with the copperhead over the years...let them go unless close in to cabin.....worked in nearby forestry in 70's with teen workcrew..warned them about the coppers...kid grabbed one (they usually just want to get away)...one fang in finger sent him to hosp 20 miles away..by next day...his whole hand looked like five fat sausages....swollen to elbow...he was one sick youngster for a week....can relate to them under stuff .....they like old boards etc....handle with care

SwampDonkey

Rattlesnake root/white lettuce (Prenanthes spp.) sap and poultice of stem and roots is applied to snake bites if ya don't have a kit and you are in damp woods (cedar/alders). Discovered by John Clayton.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!