iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free White Pines for saw logs

Started by JJ, August 17, 2010, 11:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Friend of mine at works is getting 4 to 5 90' tall white pines cut down, which should be usable as saw logs.
Location is southern Maine (New Gloucester).

He will get some pictures, and will have cut to desired length by felling company.
Just wants somebody to pick up the logs for free.

JJ

Magicman

Sounds like money in the bank to me.  I love free logs.

Most times when I get free logs, I just go the next customers and see who wants them. They will generally then go with me and help load &  haul them. They pay me for my labor plus sawing. Everyone is happy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Captain

Probably 2/3 of my log yard left today and got chipped for mulch.....about 1/3 was pur unsawable junk Eastern White Pine that was a consolation prize for getting the good with it from tree services.  The other 1/3 either had metallic problems OR was so old it was starting to decay.  Between yeaterday and today they hauled away about 30 10 wheeled dump truck loads.  I went to watch the whole tree chipper, it could chip a dump truck load in about 3 minutes. 

It was time to clean up the log yard, business has been way off for too long. 

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!