iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Utilizer Sawmill

Started by Frickman, November 06, 2003, 08:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

Has anyone ever heard of a "Utilizer" brand sawmill? I just came back from a farm equipment consignment auction and they had one there. It was similar to a Foley-Belsaw mill, but smaller, with about 36" saw, and a six foot, three headblock carriage. The headblocks and dogs were similar to a Belsaw. Everything was rusted together, so I wasn't too interested in it. Although it could be an excuse to get myself some Rust Reaper. I was just wondering if anyone had ever come across this.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

UNCLEBUCK

Hi Frickman , I have not heard of that but late tonight I will dig a bit on the internet and maybe find the scoop on it . How much did it sell for at the auction?  :P
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

mitch

Frickman,
I saw a Utilizer sawmill demo at the Ohio state fair back in the late 70's. It is much more rugged than a Belsaw. They were mfg in Scottsburg, Indiana. I picked up the literature and still have it. Some features:
Transported by 3 point hitch
36" inserted tooth saw
three headblocks
Powered directly through tractors PTO...5 C vee belts, 9 inch sheave on mandrel, 12 inch on PTO jack shaft, 750 RPM's for head saw
Hydraulic system is built into the mill
This URL lists their phone #    812-752-4342

http://www.gy.com/biz/336399/812.htm

Hope this helps,
Mitch

Frickman

Thanks for the info Mitch. Unclebuck, I didn't stick around long enough to see it sold, as it started raining. This paticular auction house sometimes has some high reserves, so not everything sells. There is a small Vemeer round baler there thats been there for at least six months. They have a sale every month so maybe it will still be there in December.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

UNCLEBUCK

Hi Frickman, sounds like you gonna get yourself a vermeer baler for christmas  :D  I had a vermeer once and all I know is I had to rake 3 haybined rows together so it would fill up better other than that vermeer is a solid machine and easy to fix, finally traded for a john deere 447 baler !  I have seen the old vermeer balers go from 400 $ up to 1,700 $  looks like Mitch give you the scoop on a "utilizer"
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

SCSawyer

Hello,
I owned one of these little mills for years, Wish I still had it, It was very handy, Just hook it to your 3pt hitch and head to the woods, Mine sawed very true, and was a good mill, If I could find another in descent shape I would buy it today. there should be a pic in my albums of one on here. By the way if it was green and yellow IT WAS MY OLD ONE LOL.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Thank You Sponsors!