iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quick and dirty horses.

Started by Dave Shepard, August 15, 2010, 08:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I don't know if there is a thread for ugly sawhorses, so I'll just start one. :D I need some quick and dirty horses to work outside in the dirt, so I looked over my lumber pile and came up with a prototype this afternoon. I used a 3' piece of 3x5 brace stock, rough sawn 2x4 and some 1x6 for the end plates. I cut the 1x6 with a 1:3 slope on each end and screwed one onto each pair of legs leaving a 3" gap between them. Short side of the trapezoid was 9". I screwed them on "by eye", as you can see from the photo. :D I'll adjust the one set of legs  to match and adopt a common angle, probably 1:3 as well. They were surprisingly sturdy for such ugly horses, but they were quick and easy.  ;D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DBailly

Dave, they're not that ugly. Do you think they will hold up the Anchor Beams from the two Dutch Barns?

Dave Shepard

No. :D I had to reinforce the ones I used for that, and they were made from hemlock, not pine. I think the anchor beams were around 1,200 pounds each.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!