iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barbecue Blanks?

Started by oregonsawer, August 15, 2010, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonsawer

I had a guy ask me if I knew how to saw
Barbecue Blanks.

I have never heard of them, and told him so.
He looked at me and said well I don't need you to saw for me.

Do any of you guys out their know what he is talking about?????

redbeard

If he wanted 1/2" Alder, they cook salmon on Alder planks about 8-10" wide and 36" long and a good 1/2 thick greener the better. I never heard of them call Blanks. Thats all i know!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

riverswamp sawyer

Is it a wooden barbecue grill???
He prob. wants more the one cause it burns up everytime he uses it??? :D :D

(Just Kiddin)

I dont know what a barbecue blank is

gator gar

I think he might have meant BBQ plank.

Jeff

Search the forum for fish planks
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

And with an attitude like that, you probably don't want to saw for him either. ;)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

low_48

With good marketing, that will be the best profit lumber you can make. And it only needs to be air dried since they will soak it in water before using. A friend of mine has a stack on his table at the Saturday morning market each week. Always his best seller. He has a nice little instruction sheet that he hands out with each one that also lists the expected taste from each species. I think he gets $10 a board foot for scrap.

Chuck White

This was discussed a couple of months ago here on the Forestry Forum.

Here:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,44743.0.html

Sounds like a good idea, nice product.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!