iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrison Keillor show

Started by tree-farmer, August 15, 2010, 08:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-farmer

I normally never go to shows, concerts etc., just don't like crowds. However when Garrison Keillor of the Prarie Home Companion come close by (Brevard NC) exceptions have to be made. It was a awsome show which opened with a sing along of the national anthem, its moving to hear a couple of thousand Americans singing about their country. Garrison had some geat music and stories as always, and it was an great show.
Now if I can get my wife to let me count this is as "taking her out", for this year, life will be good.  ;)
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Dave Shepard

He comes to Tanglewood once in while. I've never been, but it's only fifteen minutes away.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JV

My wife and I try to catch the show on Saturday evening Public Radio.  We had the opportunity a couple of years ago to see one of his live shows.  Really enjoyed it, reminiscent of old radio variety shows.  I especially enjoyed Fred Newman, the sound effects guy.  The All-Star Shoe Band does a fantastic job too.  Garrison has an off-beat sense of humor I like.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!