iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lakeside Motel - Pig Roast

Started by Jeff, August 13, 2010, 02:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

those beans were definately good!  I went back for a second plate of them, and pretty much scraped clean one of the trays!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Brad_bb

While some things by themselves can be overlooked, there does seem to be a pattern of reviews for that place.  Even if you took some with a grain of salt, there is too much to ignore.  No understanding of customer service and how to handle issues.  Thank goodness for internet reviews.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WDH

I noticed Dan going back for more of them beans, but I did not say anything because us Southerners is polite  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

D Hagens

Well said Brad, funny thing is that with all the information at our finger tips now a days why don't people take a few mins before they book a place and do an internet check?
Before the internet did we not spend a lot more time talking to our neighbours and friends about recommending places to stay?

tonich

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 14, 2010, 06:58:36 AM
Nothing to complain about here. I had a motel on wheels in the back seat of the RAV.  ;D

I'm glad you made it for the Pig Roast this year, but did you travel all the way to and back by your RAV?  :o

SwampDonkey

We need to do them beans up right in a hole with fire. Bean hole yellow eye or soldier beans.  ;) They tasted fine as they were, but there is a right way to do beans. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: tonich on August 15, 2010, 02:22:42 AM
I'm glad you made it for the Pig Roast this year, but did you travel all the way to and back by your RAV?  :o

It was either that or walk.  ;D It was 2 days to the Sault and about 4 hours to Jeff's.

There was a family of folks hauling a boat across Ontario from Massachusetts. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

Beans, Beans, 5 a quart,
the more you eat the more you toot,
the more you toot the better you feel,
So, lets have beans for every meal.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Brad_bb

I check the net for reviews most of the time before I use a new business.  I also leave reviews for both good and bad service.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

tonich

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 15, 2010, 06:46:16 AM
It was either that or walk.  ;D It was 2 days to the Sault and about 4 hours to Jeff's.

There was a family of folks hauling a boat across Ontario from Massachusetts. ;)

Sounds like fun!
I'm sure, you have had a good time.  8)

RavioliKid

Wow! The Saga of the Lakeside Motel!
I sure am glad I slept in the back of the KIA. That was the best night's sleep I had all summer. It was so cool, quiet and cozy!

I wonder if the owners are undergoing some sort of unusual stress. The really need to read those comments and compare them with the earlier ones and figure out what they are doing differently. The earlier comments were so positive and the later ones are terribly negative.

RavioliKid

Burlkraft

It may be the end of a long road for them. As the economy gets worse businesses start cutting and nitpicking everything.  :-\  :-\  :-\

I know our revenues have taken hit after hit and I am cutting and scrimping for every dollar I can.

You may see the Lakeside up for sale at some point as I may sell my business soon if things don't start improving.

Money problems do some strange things to folks.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

I hope things turn around for you.

WDH

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 15, 2010, 06:43:06 AM
We need to do them beans up right in a hole with fire. Bean hole yellow eye or soldier beans.  ;) They tasted fine as they were, but there is a right way to do beans. ;D

OK, Swampdonkey, you are in charge of the beans next Pig Roast  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

We need a big hole and a big ol' earthen crock or cast iron one, piece of that piggy back bacon and an onion, pinch of ginger, mustard and molasses or brown sugar. I'll bring the soldier beans. :D

I guess if ya complain about the cooking, by rights the chef hands over the apron. ;) :D

Here DanG, just for laughing. ;D

WDH

I look forward to the beans next year  ;D.

Jeff

Well, I'm still making my beans for me! HUMPH!  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Them beans where good , I dont see why one would want to break something that aint boke  ;D 

A second pot of beans now would do no harm .   ;)  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

I got no problem with extra beans, but I may have an issue with digging a hole in the yard depending on where he needs to dig it.  I figure out in the woods right next to where he camped would be a good spot, especially if the beans turn out not to be so good, we can just fill the hole back in. :)

Tom

Oh, they'd be good alright.  I've eaten stuff that was cooked in a hole before, even a pig.  You sure have to be careful of the dirt, but a fire in a pit makes a mighty good oven.  Lots of luck finding a good bean pot, though. A cast-iron pot can run into some major coin for a cooking implement.

Coon

I think I see a trend coming...... The Forestry Forum Baked Bean Cookoff.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Well, I might have to take a trip down to Patten, Maine and get brushed up on a few things about "bean hole beans". We used to have them out at the Demerchant picnic on the Monquart Stream, not far from here.  Mooseherder or Pappy up at Wallagrass, Maine might have some knowledge to share. ;D 

Jeff your beans was fine, I had a couple servings. But, I know beans in a hole are pretty gooooood to. ;D

As far as getting a pot, it has to have a good lid and no plastic obviously. Might be able to get a porcelain or earthenware crock somewhere in my travels. We had special crock pots, called bean pots here, but I doubt you could ever buy one now. Be like trying to find a butter churn crock. Most of those split because people would leave the wooden lid on to take on moisture in the basement and expand it and bust the crock. ::)

DanG

I'm sure Jeff would have loved to cook the beans in a hole, but he was just a little busy, as was his shovel. ;D

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Sorry, that aint Jeff however it is my shovel.

Thank You Sponsors!