iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lakeside Motel - Pig Roast

Started by Jeff, August 13, 2010, 02:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Did anyone that stayed or that has stayed in the past at the lakeside motel in Harrison Michigan ever have any problem, trouble, or additional charges billed to you that you found a bit odd, unreasonable or even bogus?  I'm asking to find out if there is a trend or we have just a one time incident going on.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Not yet, but will check the credit card bill.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JV

We have stayed there every year, no problems.  My wife just did a phone check of our credit card, no bogus charge.  Several forum members stayed there.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

I'm not going to recommend them next year. In fact, I'm hoping anyone that has stayed there in the past will consider finding an alternative place to stay after what they did, and how they acted with both the guest, and myself. We got the charge reversed, after quite a verbal tussle with a couple of people who know nothing about customer service.  I am relieved to hear that this is an isolated incident though.

That's all I'll add for the moment. I'll wait to see if the guest wants to elaborate, but this incident convinced me that the Lakeside will never ever again be in my good graces.

Jeff

There was an attempt to educate me on things about hotel guests, via information "shared" by the lakeside "management"

1. If you accuse a guest of something, the angrier they get and the more fuss they put up about paying the additional charges, the more apt they are to be guilty of the offense.

I guarantee in this instance, I became the angriest party, and I never set foot in the place, so that throws that theory out the window.

2. Guests that appear to be more affluent are more likely to dispute charges.

Yea, whatever.

3. They NEVER miss anything when they do a pre-room inspection and the hired help is beyond reproach.  :D  :D

pigman

Quote2. Guests that appear to be more affluent are more likely to dispute charges.
I just knew I shouldn't have worn my high class bluejeans. ::)
Folks, my wife and I are the bad guest that damaged the chair in the Lakeside motel, that is they said we did and charged us for the damage. They said we burned a hole in the back of a chair with a curling iron that we didn't have with us. When my wife called to inquire about the charges they acted as though they knew exactly what happened. My wife is usually the calm one so I let her make all calls about money matters. This time she was so worked up after talking to them that she wanted to drive back to Michigan and choke the person on the other end of the phone.
This is the second time we have stayed at Lakeside and except for the alleged damage everything has been fine. The showers are tiny and ours leaked this year, but otherwise the rooms were clean and confortable.
I don't think the management will let us stay with them in the future. We are so highly distructive.
Bob the distructive one
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

I was ready to strangle the same guy, then the owner called me back to give me my lesson in motel management.  She wasn't quite as obnoxious as the manager, but obviously still willing to trade off $25 for all the past and present guests that we might send them.

Her reason for calling was basically to tell me that their customers are always wrong, but they wanted to refund the $25 anyhow in the name of good relations and so they could put this all behind them.  HA!

DanG

It's behind them, all right! :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WH_Conley

Gee, Bob, can't let ya go anywhere.
Bill

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Nothing to complain about here. I had a motel on wheels in the back seat of the RAV.  ;D

Pigman, DanG said he'd never sleep in the back of a Toyota, but he slept in his Chevy van.  ::)   :D :D :D He kicked Phish to the side to a tent who got waken by a loon and some thunder and decided it was time to pack it in.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

It is highly unlikely that I would ever sleep in a Toyota, since I won't be owning one. :D  The only thing complaining about my mini-van is my back, and that is because of my own error in judgement.  Before I left home, I purposely took a nap in the car with the seat laid back, and it was comfy.  Based on that test, I decided not to bring my air mattress.  I found that the seat isn't near as comfy after doing 900 miles in one day in the same seat! :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Weekend_Sawyer

That Pigman and the Witch, I knew they were trouble!

No problems at the lakeside for me.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

pigman

My witch and I think we have it figured out about the damaged chair. After the long trip to Michigan the exhaust on her broom was very hot and she must have parked it too close to the chair. ;)

SwampDonkey

I just think you play rough. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

JV

Hmmm.  This may explain the chanting I thought I heard during the night along with the smell of something burning.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

pigman

Na JV, the burning smell must have come from our room, but the  chanting probably came from Dan Shade's room. :-\ ;)

Dan_Shade

it was all of those beans I ate....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

I wondered what happened to all them beans.  30 pounds of baked beans went fast. Next year it'll be more beans less salad. :)  I like beans.  :)

D Hagens

Quote from: Jeff on August 14, 2010, 12:05:17 AM
Maybe the heat is getting to them as there seems to be a trend here since July.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g42285-d754248-Reviews-Lakeside_Motel_Cottages-Harrison_Michigan.html

I just read this link and what's been written here and I'm amazed. I guess the place must have a lot of tourists that come, get burnt and just forget about things.
This is the beauty of the internet and forums where people can vent about their experiences so others don't have to go through the same thing.

DanG

It might be interesting to watch that site and see if the burnt chair shows up again. ::)

Jeff, them were some good beans.  Did you make them, or buy them?

Jeff

Both. :)   I start with a simply bulk base canned bean then I have several ingredients I use to Kick em into something better, then they are baked for 4 hours.   When we have family food events, I am the designated bean guy.

DanG

Well, ya done good!  I count that as you having made them.  Lots of folks just buy the finished product from a deli or restaurant.  I'll hafta snoop on your recipe next time. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!