iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chapped Butt

Started by Magicman, August 13, 2010, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK,   :-[   but this hot weather causes an aggravation that we have all had to deal with from time to time.  I was just sawing for a high school baseball coach.  I mentioned that this hot sweaty work will chap your crotch.  He laughed and told me what would prevent it.  I stopped by Wally that evening and got a bottle.

It has certainly worked for me.   First time ever that I have been chap free.

I don't think that it will work with the other kind of chapped butt.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Round these parts, we call it tractor rash...but the cure's the same! 
Say when

Onthesauk

It's been well over 40 years since we had jungle rot in the crotch but the army OD foot powder will fix great.  Burned like crazy.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sandhills

Hey, if it burns like crazy it's gotta work, right? :D :D :D

DanG

Another thing that may help is Dial soap.  A Doctor told me, many years ago, that it had the same antibacterial and antifungal ingredients as Phisohex.  I've used it exclusively ever since and haven't had a problem with jock itch or athletes foot in years.  Sometimes my Wife will buy something else and I'll start having problems before the first bar is gone, so I keep an extra bar of Dial squirreled away for emergency use. ;) :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Once in awhile a chafe rash from sweaty clothes that rub between harness and hide. Nothing too serious.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

We painted ourselves with Tincture of Benzoin and then placed a heavy talcum (foot) powder over that. It was called "Tough skin. It also prevented blisters.
~Ron

Chuck White

Yup, I use "Gold Bond" quite a bit during the hot & muggy times of the year. :)

Works pretty good and I'm ready to go back to the mill the next morning!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

Mandatory equipment for me when I'm here at work in Qatar. The heat and humidity are brutal and I can break out in just minutes.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Skiddah

Gold Bond works quite well.  I suggest trying the cream version too, seems to last longer than the powder.

ErikC

Pretty common with firefighters. That is where I picked up on using it. Works well in my experience. I keep a little bottle in the truck too.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Burlkraft

I hate chapped butt  >:(  >:(  >:(

I been usin' Gold Bond for quite some time now.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

iffy

A third tour guy I met in 'Nam told me he just went commando and that fixed it.

LeeB

That never helped for me.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Buck

once the clothes are wet there is little help....that gold bond does aid the recovery
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

woodsteach

I used to use the GB stuff but have since switched to corn starch as it is cheaper.
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Bibbyman

This is the first summer I've really had a problem with jock itch.  It's been wet, hot and humid all summer.  I got overheated in late spring and got dehydrated.    My blood pressure medications are aggravating the problem.  I'd stop taking my "pee pill" and things would improve.  But after about a week my blood pressure would go up.  So,  I'd go back on the pill and within a few days start having problems with dehydration and it my itch would get worse.

Another thing I've found helps is drinking a big glass of water dosed with a teaspoon of apple vinegar three times a day.  (just guzzle it down as it tastes awful)  It's said to lower you uric acid level.  It's also supposed to help relived joint pain, dissolve kidney stones, and even kill prostate cancer cells.  I don't know if it will do all that but my joints and feet sure felt better than they had in a long time.  I've not taken a single pain reliever since I started the water/vinegar treatment.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 23, 2010, 02:33:56 PMI've not taken a single pain reliever since I started the water/vinegar treatment.

But you have started glowing in the dark.    :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

I use Equate body power.  It's a generic Gold Bond for half the price...even comes in a gold bottle. ;D  Doc told me to try Lever 2000 soap which I did. 

About the only cure for me is the first good frost, than it will return come the following July.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Quote from: DanG on August 14, 2010, 06:59:02 AM
Another thing that may help is Dial soap. 

I use Dial soap too and have not had a problem until this spring when we ran out (now that I think back) and used up some old soap Mary had picked up in motels. 

Since you're post I have made a point of washing the infected area well with Dial soap and even "buttering" the area with the wet bar.  In a couple of days the rash retreated somewhat.  I even got so confident that I suspended my vinegar and water treatment.  But within a couple of days, the rash was returning.  So back to vinegar and water – plus using Dial soap.

Also, the weather has cooled somewhat.  That's sure to help.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 29, 2010, 05:13:45 AM
the weather has cooled somewhat.  That’s sure to help.

Maybe a couple of days, but back into the eighties again for the next few days. This is the first summer in awhile I can't remember any daytime highs below 70. I guess because it rained 5 out of 7 days for that last 4 summers. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!