iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bikin home the long way from the pigroast.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 08, 2010, 08:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

After having a great time at the pig roast, meting old and new friends, I left Harrison this morning in the rain but it was light and stopped after a couple of hours. Crossed the Mackinac bridge, great view but a little windy, rode across the UP and down into Wisconson and am now 1/2 hr north of Milwaukee. Tomorrow the HD musium. 502 miles today and I am in need of a hot shower!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

RynSmith

WDH

Awesome!  You left and went the wrong way, but heh, sometimes the wrong way is the best way when everybody else is going the other way ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pasbuild

You could have at least waved when you rode past my place.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

chet

I guess once ya put er in da wind, yer plans of holdin' up fer da night in Iron mountain went south.  ;D  I'm not sure if Judy and I were in front or behind ya. I wuz kickin' myself this mornin' dat I didn't git yer cell number.  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dan_Shade

My road trip was pretty nice.  While on the road, I rode about 400 miles per day, yesterday, I would have kept rolling for probably another 100 or so, but I already had the room reserved.

next year, I think I'll go to the grand canyon!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Weekend_Sawyer

Day 6,

Went to the HD museum, It was ok but I wouldn't go 1,500 miles out of my way to see it. Lots of Bikes and such. They also had the life story of Evil Kenevel. Made my way across Illinois, Indiana and into Ohio and am now visiting cousin's Jaudon and Johnny, picking berries, okra, corn and peas. Loveing it! Heading out tomorrow afternoon destination southern WV to ride the mountains home.

Passbuild, didn't you see me wave?
Chet, I couldn't help it, I was doin 95 and lookin for 6th gear when I went by your house.  ;D
Dan, that's why I ride till I feel like stoping then find a place, course sometimes it takes another 50 miles to find it!

Jon

Reddog

Weekend_Sawyer

Well I'm home. What a ride. I left Jaudon and Johnnie's around 11 Wed. and was in rain on and off all afternoon. I was pretty wet by the time I stopped for the night in southern centeral WV. Weather looked better today and I found some twisty roads across WV to 340 then 70 then home. Only a little rain today missed a couple good ones!

Wound up riding 2405 miles, not bad for a little trip around Lake Michigan.

isawlogs

I sure am glad that I finaly got to meet you , if ever you are up this way , please find time to come and have a chat .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

So glad you had a safe trip!  Welcome home.   :)
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

It's good to be home Roxie. I love to travel but I love coming home more!

Marcel, I enjoyed cuttin up with you at the pigroast. We sure did weigh down our end of the picnic table!

Jon

isawlogs

Someone had to do it , better it be in good companie , and you mon ami are truly some . :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I promise not to spring up from that table too quick next time.  ;D I guess you guys weren't the ones that went for a minor dunk and dip that time. :D

Glad to have had the opportunity to meet a few of you's. As you have discovered, I'm more of a typer than a talker, but I get a few words in once in awhile.

I wonder what route Doug took to Halifax Marcel? I think we scared him away. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

QuoteI'm more of a typer than a talker,
Hey, we would make a good team. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Quote from: pigman on August 13, 2010, 11:29:09 PM
QuoteI'm more of a typer than a talker,
Hey, we would make a good team. :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Reddog

Raider Bill

Jon,

I went south Sunday morning and rode that red band of rain all the way to interstate 90 where I turned east. Filled up my boots with water. Just got back to my hill a couple days ago. Heading back out Tuesday morning.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dan_Shade

I waited until about 9:30 or so to roll out of town, I missed all the rain.

where you heading to, Bill?  I really enjoyed my ride, one of these days, I'll go for a long tour somewhere, but I can't right because of my dog.  Of course, I could get a sidecar, and bring him with me!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Weekend_Sawyer

I knew a guy who took his great dane around in a sidecar. That dog loved to ride!

Dan_Shade

my dog doesn't like to ride in the truck, having him on a motorcycle would probably be a disaster.

chet

Ya never know, he might just love da soothing beat of da Harley.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dan_Shade

I don't like the idea of him climbing out at 50mph or so......

I do wonder, though, what would a sidecar cost for one of these things?

chet

If he did decide ta climb out, I'll bet he'd think real hard about try'in it again.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!