iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New mill and shed

Started by Bamadust, August 06, 2010, 08:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamadust

Wanted to share my mill and shed pictures with all of you. Yall have been a big part in my decision making on just about everything since this has been all new to me. Any way, the shed is 30 x 48 and we hop to have walls on it by Winter time. The mill is a Cooks MP-32 and although its all manual we have been very pleased with its performance. I've uploaded a few pictures in my Bamadust album and I hope yall enjoy them.

Magicman

Welcome Bamadust to The Forestry Forum.  If you loaded the pictures into your FF Gallery, you still have to make it available for us to see.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

welcome bamadust,
we do like pictures. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bamadust

My Bad...I'm still learning

Magicman

Wooooow !!!  Nothing "bad" about that shed (or you either).  That is more than nice.

Note:   If you want your entire Gallery available to be seen by members, there are instructions about adding a number to your member number.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Qweaver

Double Woooow!  That's a huge shed.  :o  Did you build your own trusses?  The posts don't appear to be treated.  What kind of wood are they?  Nice! :)
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Don K

That's a heck of a nice shed. Can't wait to see your gallery. Good to have another Bama member on here.

Don

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Bamadust

I'm having a little trouble getting yall access to my album but I'll keep working on it. And yes we built all our trusses ourselves with material cut off the farm on the mill. Not many, maybe only one other, things as satisfying as that. All wood is pine treated on the ends and sank about 40 inches deep. Found out real quick a mechanical advantage comes in handy and we're really happy with our forks.

Bamadust

OK, I added the number to my profile, hope yall can view them now.

KyTreeFarmer

Good looking shed, wish mine was that big. Your album pics show up now. Glad to have you on the forum.
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

terrifictimbersllc

I'm jealous. If I had that shed I would also put a picnic table or some adirondack chairs an a refrigerator in it. Nice.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

paul case

nice and sturdy. looks great.good job.pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Magicman

Good job with your Gallery.  I use about the same fork setup with my tractor, but I don't see it very often cause I mainly do portable sawing. 

bandmiller2

Welcome Bama,nice to see a good sized shed.You have room for a dead deck,under cover,  to feed your mill makes it nice when its raining, or snowing which you shouldn't have much worry about.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

r.man

Welcome Bama and let me add my own "nice shed" to the list. I think though that you have made a small mistake. I don't think that a building that large can legally be called a shed. I have come up with a few alternative terms for your consideration in the future. 1) the saw barn 2) the saw arena 3) the cookes hanger , or lastly the saw stadium. I hope that by using one of these terms or something similar people will actually find you when told " he's in the saw......" Good luck.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Buck

Hey Bamadust, nice job!  Adding to Terrifics idea, get a tv so you can watch LSU while sawing. 8)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

paul case

my vote is for saw stadium, you already got the chair for it.   nice set up. pc
pc

Magicman

:)  I have sawed under farm tractor sheds that were large enough to be airplane hangers.

Thank You Sponsors!