iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The new saw shed is done.

Started by Qweaver, August 03, 2010, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

We shingled her yesterday in the blazing hot sun and finished the braces and eve paneling today.  We'll give here a coat of paint tomorrow then brake a bottle of sparkling wine on a corner post.  Hold on  :o  Maybe brake an empty bottle on the post.  8)
At least now we can saw in the shade and dry and my Baby28 will be comfy.  ;)
The shed is 12'x21'.  I'd have liked it to be 24' but the LT28 will only cut 21'.  I think I'll add a 12"x24"x6' storage box on the sawdust side for blades and such.  We sawed in it last week and there is plenty of room and the sawdust is easy to remove.  I'm also going to bury a 1000 gal water tank to capture rain water for dirty log washing.

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Chris Burchfield

Congratulations, very nice job.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Chuck White

Hey, nothin' wrong with that shed.

Good lookin' job and nice n sturdy.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

r.man

Nice shed. How tall is it and what kind of lumber did you use?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

ladylake

You forgot to put wheels on it so you could pull it up here.  Nice shed, what kind of wood in the post.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SamB

You're going to have a hard time convincing the assessor that's valued at less than a thousand dollars... :D

Qweaver

It's 9' under the rafters and 8'2" under the 2x10s.  All yellow poplar with treated pine 4x6s for posts.  No plywood or osb...it's decked with pine and poplar 1".  I have used steel on all of my other buildings but I had 6 squares of shingles that I bought several years ago (they were $13 per square)  That tells you how old they are.  But they were stored out of the sun and were like new.  
It's just a simple shed, nothing fancy.  We may mount a small TV and a small beer frige so that we don't miss the game or race while we saw. :D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

ladylake

I can see a small TV but you'ld need a large fridge for beer.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Now that my friend is nice right there, I don't care who you are !!!  Congratulations, you have a good reason to be proud.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Kinda nice when you know a guy with a mill,you'll sleep better knowing your baby is out of the rain.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Planman1954

I'm proud for you! Do you hire out? (That's a joke.) Wish I had one like it built, for sure. That sun outside is hot on my bald spot!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Magicman

I need that shed for tomorrow.  There is no shade tree anywhere and the temps will be triple digits again.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

paul case

quinton,
that looks real nice and sturdy and i am sure you will reap the rewards of putting a roof over your baby's head.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

customdave

VeryNice ! The only thing I would do diferent is put orange tin on roof ;D, plus the fact I don't have any shingles stashed away 8) 8). Keep dry,& keep the fridge stocked!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

JBritt

Very nice, I wish you wouldn't paint it, looks very cool the way it is!

KyTreeFarmer

Great looking shed. Nice neighborhood too. Nice flat spot, wish I had some of that! Only problem I see is you won't be able to hear the patter of raindrops on a tin roof, but shingles are good too.
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Ernie

All I need to do now is convince SWHBO that I need to move it up the list.  When I show her your pics, she might just go for it. Nice shed.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Burlkraft

Nice job Q

I need one just like that for my 28  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ljmathias

Very pretty shed- simple and functional, beautiful to boot.  Question though: why do you need a 1000 gal of water to wash your hogs?  I thought hogs pretty much lazed around in the mud all day- no need to wash them far as I know...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Qweaver

There ain't nothin worser than trying to pet a dirty hog.   In the 1950 flood our hogs were all gathered around just about where the saw shed is located at what was then the waters edge. 

weisyboy

nice job.

im cleanign up  my millign area so i can build a shed for the mill and a shed for slab storage.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Thank You Sponsors!