iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT15 question

Started by KyTreeFarmer, July 30, 2010, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

LT15 owners have you noticed if your drive belt jumps around a lot and slaps up against the top of the belt cover? Its stating to annoy me after about a year of hearing it. Also whenever the clutch is engaged it seems to make the idler jump up and down and chatter, smoothes out when fully engaged. Just replaced the drive belt hoping to fix it. No dice. Do I still not have enough tension on the belt or could this be an alignment problem with the engine pulley to the drive wheel? Any suggestions?
Thanks
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

VT-Woodchuck

I don't seem to have that problem. I get some squealing if  I engage to quickly. Sounds like a tension problem - any slippage when sawing?

TimJr

I had to adjust the tension on my 15 to stop it from slinging the belt off when I disengaged it. That's where I would start.
Live each day like it's your last. Your never promised tomorrow.

KyTreeFarmer

VT-Woodchuck...Don't think belt is slipping and yes if I engage too quickly it squeals but when the motor is idling the belt jumps up and down. The manual briefly mentions belt jumping and pulley alignment but I haven't tried it yet. If I sawed every day this would have long since drove me nuts....or more nuts!! Was just wondering if others had the same problem and was there a quick fix.
Thanks
KTF

TimJr....belt don't come off just get all that noise, I will try the tension adjustment again.
Thanks
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

MTrim

I had this problem with my LT-15 diesel after about 50 hours of use.  My belt would slip off the pulley upon disengagement.  If you look under the drive belt cover, (on the inside of the cover) you will see a little block of wood that sort of guides the belt from the side.  I added a like block of wood to ride on the top of the belt and I have now been a year without a belt slip.

I would note that the pulley on the mill is not well aligned with the drive pulley coming off of the engine and I have called Wood Miser on this issue with no real resolution.  I have no adjustment on the motor mounts to correct this problem.  I did spend an hour one day trying to move the mill pulley back on the shaft with some minor success, but it is still not a really good alignment.

KyTreeFarmer

Thanks MTrim......there are no wood blocks under the cover on my mill but that sounds like an interesting fix if tension adjustment don't help. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Kevin

You should have two wooden guide blocks.

Thank You Sponsors!