iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roasted Basil Tomato Soup

Started by Norm, July 30, 2010, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Patty had this at some Bistro some time back and loved it. So since she had to work today and I didn't I thought I'd surprise her with a home made version of it.

I got fresh tomatoes, onion and garlic from the garden. Drizzled in olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted on my gas grill for an hour. These got pureed in the food processor when done.

I made basil infused chicken stock to mix with the pureed tomatoes that I ran through a fine sieve.

Mixed with some cream and simmered on the stove.

I'll have to have Patty tell you whether it's any good as I can't stand tomato soup. :D

WDH

Wow, I bet that tastes very very good!  How could grill roasted tomatoes, garlic, onion cooked with basil infused chicken stock and cream not taste good  ;D.

Waiting on a report from the gourmet taster.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Oh!  I'm waiting too....I love tomato basil soup!   :)
Say when

Bro. Noble

Well, Norm,  If you would top that off with some grated chedder cheese and sprinkle it with chipotle powder,  maybe you would like it.  I sure would :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Patty

sketti_1 food6

Those pictures say it all. The tomato basil soup was the best I have ever had! Norm outdid himself. We had pulled pork sandwiches on the side, mmmmmmmmmmmmm life is good!

I was only able to eat half of what he made, so I plan to enjoy more soup tonite for dinner, along with fresh sweet corn.

Holy buckets, is it any wonder I can't drop pounds? I am so lucky to have such a great cook for a husband.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

DanG

Wow!  Cooking like that is just a God-given talent.  You just can't get it anywhere else.  I equate it with making music or painting pictures...you either got it or you don't.  I can cook some pretty tasty stuff, but it is always just the simple things.  When it comes to "free-mixing" spices and getting creative with it, I'm just lost.  It usually comes out tasting like freshly mixed cement. :-X :-\ :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!