iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to remove Black Walnut stain from hands?

Started by Chris Burchfield, July 26, 2010, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

When I cut up a Black Walnut @ Arky 101, I ran the mill.  Arky did the off bearing.  Today, I did it all.  Loading, milling and off loading.  Came home, washed with dish washing liquid. then tried Greased Lighting, then just shampoo and soap in the shower.  Any suggestions?
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

tyb525

For me it is usually gone in a day or so, from doing other work, washing, etc.

But then there always seems to be dirt stuck between the ridges of my fingerprints that I can't get off.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

The grease of a Deluxe Hamburger from the Sportsmans Bar in Harrison on Fridays used to take it off. The bar is closed now, so I can't help ya with that anymore.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I found shampooing with Head & Shoulders did a good job of taking the stain off my hands.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Shotgun

Quote from: Bibbyman on July 26, 2010, 08:13:28 PM
I found shampooing with Head & Shoulders did a good job of taking the stain off my hands.

Yeah, but did ya look at yer head after wards?      ;D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Shotgun on July 26, 2010, 08:21:07 PM
Quote from: Bibbyman on July 26, 2010, 08:13:28 PM

Yeah, but did ya look at yer head after wards?      ;D

Norm

Covers the gray!   :D
Sawing since '94

Chris Burchfield

Jeff, in a recent post, I said "it doesn't mater what the thread, we're going to end up talking about food." 

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chris Burchfield

Your the one who said, "The grease of a Deluxe Hamburger from the Sportsmans Bar in Harrison,".

Banjo picker

Jeff slid that in so smooth I didn't even catch it...I haven't tried it on black walnut but with other stain from wood...I use the little scrubber thing the wife uses on her feet...kind of like a block of soft sandpaper about as big as a bar of soap...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

coyotencuttin

couple weeks when my sawmill shows up i'd be trying to wipe that stain off on my grin that i'd be wearing!! 8) :D
Woodmizer LT 40 Hydraulic.

pigman

I don't know how to remove the stain, but I know how to hide it. I just change the oil in my diesel motor. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

customsawyer

I hide mine on the grips of the harley. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

You're lucky it's just on your hands.  We sawed about 50-80,000 bf of walnut a year for 4-5 years.  Mary's hands were constantly brown.   But,  against my advice, she wore tennis shoes and no socks at the mill.  Her feet and about 6" up were also brown – even under her shoes as the stain would penetrate by means of sweat and sawdust filling her shoes.   

Try scrubbing your hands with fresh, wet oak sawdust.
Sawing since '94

Ernie

You might need to get in touch with Michael Jackson's doctor. ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

ely

i would bet some french frys from mickey dee would clean it off. i always just wear mine off.

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

low_48

Couldn't think of another joke, so thought I'd list something that works. Wash your hands with lemon juice. Sorry, not very funny!

Thank You Sponsors!