iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i would rather be sawing but instead i have to...

Started by paul case, July 25, 2010, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

We got everything we had cut rolled up last Saturday, so we took the holiday off. It rained 4/10'' here on Monday night. Very welcome sight as we are real dry. They are giving us good chances of rain here for the next 3 days so we will try to catch up on moving some hay and some sawing.
So far we have baled 200 acres and 585 bales for a yeild of about 1.5 tons per acre. 40 acres of fescue, 70 acres of bermuda and 40 acres of prairie hay yet to bale.  Things are going real well. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sandhills

Paul, out of curiosity what is the average ton/acre down there for your operation?  and do you hay any alfalfa?  Glad to hear things are going well, our hay is going backwards very fast, usually we're starting first cutting alfalfa right about now but weather seems to delay a lot of things and it's been a really "weird" spring for lack of a better word.

paul case

We don't have any alfalfa here. Our dirt is much too shallow to do any good with it. That is what I have always been told anyway. We are kinda in the edge of the ozarks, which means we have small patches of dirt found in the creek bottoms and such. Our rocky clay loam soil needs a good soaking rainm just every little bit to keep deep rooted grass growing.
1.5 tons per acre isn't a bad yeild for unfertilized hay. However we have never cut any that heavy this early. On fertilized bermuda or fescue I have gotten yeilds up to 3.5 tons per acre with good moisture and fertilized well. The farmers over near Miami, ok are cutting wheat right now and theat usually don't happen until the second week of June or later. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!