iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got the 2100 in my hands

Started by Gus, November 03, 2003, 08:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

I recieved the 2100 I bought today and got it unpacked; but alas we had a snow storm and was to busy doing other things around here to mix up gas and run it.
It has been "woods" modified. I talked to the guy that did the mod. on it and it has been ported, piston been ground on in some specific places, muffler modification, bigger carb. and and aircleaner that looks to be the size of a beer can. 8)
Be dreamin' about that screamer til I get it running after work tomorrow  ;D
Just wondering guys. It has 8 tooth rim sprocket on it. Think I should put a 9 on it or just leave it? :P

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

jokers

Hey Gus, your 2100 sounds great, it`s also got a reputation for being a great saw.

As far as the rim goes, stick with the 8. 9s are not standard production items and are expensive. You also have to watch out for increased potential for chain throw on a standard bar profile as the diameter of the rim increases.

BTW, who did the mods to your saw?

Russ

Gus

I'll get back to you on that this evening russ. I've got it in my address book at home.
I've used over sized rims before and am aware of the throwing problem. Always gotta' be on the chain tension.  I think I'll stay with the 8 til' I see if I think I've got the power ripping wood to justify the faster chain speed.
Thanks, Gus

Gus

The guy that souped up the 2100, his name is Mike Rupley.
He's outa CA.

Mark M

Gus

No I don't Mark. Been thinking on getting a digital camera of late. Maybe have to spring for one soon. 8)
Gus

Mark M

Forgive my ignorance Gus but I am not familar with the 2100, who makes it? I got a 066 yesterday, it's really nice for cutting firewood - really chews through the cottonwood!

Mark

Never mind, I just did a search and see that it's a Husky.

Gus

Mark,
I've never owned an 066 but run one. They are a cuttin' outfit. Never heard a bad word about them. Was going to buy one for this chainsaw mill but everyone said get the biggest saw you can afford. Tried my DanGdest to get my paws on an 090 stihl but they are pricy, even for an old one. I settled for this 2100 instead. Many guys having good luck with them on the Alaskan Mill.

Gus

jokers

Hi Gus, thanks for the reply. I know rupedoggy.

Did you buy the saw from him locally or was it an eBay purchase?

Thanks, Russ

Gus

I bought this saw off of ebay. Bought it from a guy in Penn. who races saws. He got rid of it because he went to smaller saw competition. He had new rings put in it before he sold it and guaranteed it to be a good saw. I inquired about it with Mr. Rupley before I bid on it. He apparently never built it that long ago.
I was a little nervous about buying a hot rod chainsaw for an Alaskan mill. Mr. Rupley assured me that it should do fine for it was merely "woods" modified. He also told me that if I needed to tone it down some to contact him and he'd do what he could to help me.

By the way; I got that bad boy running today. This thing is nothing short of unbelievable. The power band is awsome. It just SCREAMS!! :o  8)  8)  ;D

Mr. Rupley said to mix the fuel 32:1 synthetic. Took me awhile to find the oil. But when I did HooWeeee. She really barks. Didn't take me long to hunt up some ear protection. :-[

Gus

Hotsaw_racer

SDSaw.
Tell me dose your R2100 have a bunch of small holes in the front of muffler? and perhaps a gas tank that has be patched?

Just wondering I may know the saw.
Joe

Gus

Joe,
No patch in the tank nor holes in the front of the muffler. The outlet on the muffler is BIG tho, I doubt it has much back pressure.
 This saw is in very good physical condition. Don't look to me like anyone ever used it in the woods. If they did, it wasn't long. To much paint left on. ;D

Gus

Thank You Sponsors!