iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Put up a curtain

Started by Banjo picker, July 24, 2010, 08:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

By the time I get home of the evening and rest a few minutes and get to the mill the sun is just breaking over the edge of the roof...17 foot tall eves ain't great in this case...The mill is sitting N & S and the sun if a killer as it heads W....I rembered that I had a few feet of old conveyer belt that was about 30 in...wide....So I cut it into 3 pieces and hung those from the spannalls and created a little shade...Debbie used the Kubota with a platform on the forks to pick me up there...I may need to move them a little to tweek where they need to be...But that is gona help. :)   I need to see if any of my old contats in the rock quarrys can get me some more.... ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishpharmer

Do what you gotta do to beat the heat.  A little shade sures helps when its in the upper nineties.  I am thinking a tractor canopy would be nice. 

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Quote from: Banjo picker on July 24, 2010, 08:32:52 AM.........................................
By the time I get home of the evening and rest a few minutes and get to the mill the sun is just breaking over the edge of the roof.............Debbie used the Kubota with a platform on the forks to pick me up there..........Tim

Tim
I did something similar, when having to finish up some wood splitting and needing some shade.

But I built a temporary cover from tin and tarps and mounted to a pallet, and then just picked up the pallet with the forks and let the tractor hold it in position while I split wood. It was easy to keep in position when the earth moved the sun to a different spot.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ironwood

I wont get my saw shed up this year, so confinement tarps, also known as shade tarps for greenhouses will work also.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Mark Webb

With being able to do most of the work from the end of my B20 I use a 10'x 10' canopy for shade. Along with this I have 1000 watt Honda generator and 2 fans. All this makes my mobile sawing somewhat comfortable year round. Plus it helps alot in the rain.
Mark
The Lord made enough time in each day to do what we need to do "graciously".

ladylake

Mark   That looks nice, wouldn't a rocking chair be a little more comfortable.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Mark Webb

Yea Steve it would just haven't found one high enough.
Mark
The Lord made enough time in each day to do what we need to do "graciously".

Thank You Sponsors!