iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 740-p log skidder

Started by alaskan, July 22, 2010, 10:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaskan

Anybody have experience with the powershift tranny in one of these monsters? I am new to this forum and don't know who if anybody to ask about any tips on the rebuild of this tranny. :P

John Woodworth

My advise to you is go to a qualified shop wether it be JD or a equipment shop,years ago was logging with 540 and 640 JD's and it's not something to tackle without the proper knoledge and expierence.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

aksawyer

We run the TJ 660c which is the sister to that machine.I have done one from the shop manual and another mech here in Fairbanks did the other.Both are working fine.Yours is the 6speed I take it.Aksawyer

Autocar

Go over to heaveyequipmentform.com and post that question these guys have helped me alot. Alot of exsperance people over there. Just post it in the forestry form
Bill

alaskan

Thank's for the replys,this one has 8 forward and 4 reverse. I have a manual that gives the parts breakdown,but not the tollerences. It is a simple enough automatic just extremly expensive and not somthing I want to pull ever again lol. With tranny's in vehicals there are always kits that change shift charectoristics and was wondering if there were simillar things that are recomended for these as this is a early model. Just one more parts order and it will be ready for reassembly. I'm sure that Mike at the jd dealer will be glad when this part of my resto project is over hahaha! 8)

celliott

I wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of this beast if you have any  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

alaskan

[img width=600 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/yy69/caity_luvs_u/062.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/yy69/caity_luvs_u/051.jpg[/img]

Thank You Sponsors!