iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dippy salad

Started by ohsoloco, July 17, 2010, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

It's just about time to start making dippy salad again  8)  Cut some tomatoes (home grown, of course) into wedges, and mix with roughly an equal part of sliced bell pepper.  Give it some salt, pepper, olive oil, and then sprinkle liberally with dried granulated garlic (the dry garlic is what my dad always uses...I'm going to try some fresh garlic this year).  Stir it up and let it sit for a while...an hour or so works well.  The juice from the tomatoes mixes with the olive oil to make a dressing  :)  We call it dippy salad because when you're done eating the tomatoes and peppers you can sop up the juice with some fresh bread...yum!

fishpharmer

That sound great.  I will try it myself. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Sounds like something new to try for tomorrow. :)

SwampDonkey

Stuff's just in flower here, so I have a couple days to wait. ;)

Gotta drop a few diced jalapeno in there. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ohsoloco

The bell peppers are starting to get big.  Still waiting on the tomatoes to ripen.  It's good with some hot wax peppers mixed in too  :)

Ernie

It's hardly fair to post recipies like that in the middle of winter in New Zealand.  The only things left in my garden are brassicas and root veges. :( :( :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

ohsoloco

Ernie, I feel the same way when the members from Florida are talking about their tomatoes when it's just early spring up here  :-\

Mooseherder

Sorry O !  ;D
I had to add a couple more things in Dippy along with what you mentioned. :D
Threw in some Cucumber chunks, fresh mozz. chunks, a little minced garlic along with the dry stuff and a few slithers of finely diced sweet onion.
I'm letting mine marinade a lil longer.  My wife said her's tasted great! 8)

Forgot to get the bread though. (she has a baked potato cooking to make up for it) ;)

Raider Bill

Not dippy  salad but it's nice red and juciey right off my last plant. Wish I had some blue cheese crumbles or feta.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ohsoloco

Well, I have bell peppers, and my parents have ripe tomatoes.  Tomorrow I'll have some dippy salad with the help of two gardens  :)  The cucumbers are exploding right now too.  I may just have to try some of them in there.  Fresh Italian bread is the best for sopping up all that juice  8)

Mooseherder

I finished the rest tonight along with leftover Pizza.
The pizza crust dipping was good. :)

Thank You Sponsors!