iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any archers here

Started by spencerhenry, July 10, 2010, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spencerhenry

bow season is 7 weeks out right now, i shoot about 3 to 5 times a week. i shoot 30 and 40 yds, also have a pin for 20. i have been using the same bow for 3 or 4 years now, it has killed 2 6x6 bull elk, 2 cows, 2 mule deer bucks and some small game. last year i shot my buck at 71 yds. this year i want to be more confident in my longer shots so i am shooting more and at longer distances, will work up to 50 and 60 yds here soon. but i have an issue, i can have my sights set where i am hitting great. but a few days goes by and i am shooting low and left. this has happened a couple of times. i adjust my sights to bring it back on and then a week or two later i am hitting low and left again. i am about out of range on the elevation on my sight, and i am pretty sure that continuing to move the sight is not fixing the problem, just covering it up.
i have made great effort to make sure my anchor point is consistent, and that my hold at full draw is consistent. i adjusted my rest once to help bring the arrows back on track, and it appears to be aligned with the string properly. i do not notice any wobble from my arrows except the ones with fletches that have seen better days. i would like to take some high speed footage of my shooting to see if i am doing something, and to make sure the arrows are flying properly, but i dont have access to high speed video.
anybody got any ideas?
i am shooting an archery research 35, carbon arrows, NO peep sight, wrist release, whisker biscuit rest.

beenthere

I put a peep on the string and that helped the same "trend" that you are getting.
But, finding that peep with a buck walking by sometimes isn't easy to do. Targeting and real hunting are two different things, I've found.

Only hunt deer and turkey with the bow. Mathews Reezen iswhat I have now. Like it a lot. New last year and shot a turkey and 3 deer with it. 20-30 yards or I don't shoot.

Would like to do more bow elk hunts, but that is in the past for me.  ::) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gary

It sounds like your problem is not with your sights. I would get someone one to watch you while shooting to look for what is different from when you are hitting the target and when you aren't. The problem could be your anchor point I used to use a kisser button it was a little piece of rubber that went on the string and would touch your face when you had the correct anchor point. I haven't archery hunted for about 20 years but crossbows became legal here last year. So I got a crossbow and am going to give that a try this year.

ely

shooting that much , the cables or the string could be streching on you. just a thought. or if you shoot in a group, some of your buddys may be pulling your leg....seen that ;D

Thank You Sponsors!