iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Other Thing

Started by Burlkraft, July 09, 2010, 11:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Here's the other thing that has been occupying my time.........

The deck was cedar that would look good for about 2 weeks after sanding and sealing. I decided to go composite.

The new cedar posts came from Jeff's place in Da UP.

The biggest part is done. Now it's the deck from this one to the gazebo and 2 landings and stairs on the house.

Then I have to finish the gazebo  ::)  ::)  ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Gary_C

Quote from: Burlkraft on July 09, 2010, 11:47:52 AM
The biggest part is done. Now it's the deck from this one to the gazebo and 2 landings and stairs on the house.

Then I have to finish the gazebo  ::)  ::)  ::)

You've got plenty of time for all that as your just a young feller yet. Probably could be done by the time you are 5 years old anyway.

You got any mosquitoes on that deck?  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Patty

Beautiful home in a very beautiful setting. Nice deck. How do you like working with the composite material?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

Burlkraft

Quote from: Gary_C on July 09, 2010, 12:09:55 PM
You got any mosquitoes on that deck?  ;D

:D :D :D :D  Yeah...Tons of them......That's why I have to finish the gazebo. It just needs screens and doors.

The t & g for the inside was the old deck boards. I pulled all the nails, planed and cut them to 4 1/2". Now I just have to make it t & g on the shaper.

Jeff

Ta think, I remember when those posts were merely trees. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

And now they are merely dead trees.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

beenthere

Just ran across the pics. Awesome. Makes the house look great.

Sorry you have all the skeeters at your place. I got a bite from one yesterday.  >:(   ::)

Don't know how you get so much done in this heat. Must be driven....... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

metalspinner

That's a nice , big porch.  You don't have to worry about those bumble bees eating your hard ork and composite, either.  Great job! :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

I wouldn't think the flies would come onto the porch. Maybe you have a lot of shade from the trees onto the house.

Looks like a good addition to the ranch though.

I hardly see a fly in the yard, sitting and shelling peas, snapping beans or doing them elder-berries. Well, I have to be honest, no peas or beans yet. But raspberries? Tons beginning to ripen, need to fill some boxes today. :D In the woods the deer flies are like hornets swarming. Too hot for any other fly, except maybe blow flies and big dumb moose flies.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BcWoodWorks

Quote from: Burlkraft on July 09, 2010, 03:02:25 PM
You got any mosquitoes on that deck?  ;D
[/quoteThe t & g for the inside was the old deck boards. I pulled all the nails, planed and cut them to 4 1/2". Now I just have to make it t & g on the shaper.

You pulled da nails eh? You don't say.... ;)

The boards came out nice. what are we usin' em for now again?
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Chuck White

Beautiful place you got goin' there!  Real nice.

NOW!
If you want to get rid of a good share of mosquito's, put up some blue-bird house and the blue-birds and tree swallows will move in.

That's all they eat is flying insects, caught in the air.

So that's mosquito's, deer flies, etc.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don_Papenburg

Don't wast the time on the bluebird houses  just knock out a window pane in the attic and the swallows will be building in there the next day.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

If your near water the bats might move in to. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 21, 2010, 02:55:13 AM
If your near water the bats might move in to. ;D

Bats are also good for getting rid of some of your bugs.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

BcWoodWorks

There are so many birds, and bats flying around out there; I'm amazed the bugs are so bad. It can get pretty unpleasant when you have the porch lights on, they come in droves.
>:( I hate me some bugs.

Burlkraft

Quote from: BcWoodWorks on July 20, 2010, 08:12:37 PM
Quote from: Burlkraft on July 09, 2010, 03:02:25 PM
You got any mosquitoes on that deck?  ;D
[/quoteThe t & g for the inside was the old deck boards. I pulled all the nails, planed and cut them to 4 1/2". Now I just have to make it t & g on the shaper.

You pulled da nails eh? You don't say.... ;)

The boards came out nice. what are we usin' em for now again?

Yeah...ya got me there.
BC pulled most of the nails.  :D  :D  :D

But you drank all the beer   ;D  ;D  ;D

pappy

Tis amazing what so called free beer will get done fur ya now won't it  ;D

Back about 15 year or so I was helping a friend rebuild an old run down log cabin and after the first long weekend bustin' butt on it he said it would be cheaper to pay me with money instead  :D ;D :D ;D

Nice deck Steve  8) sunin' deck when the sun is out ( if'n aint to hot that is) and roof over ya punkin when it's rainin out,,, very very  8)  8) and as far as the skeeters and other unwanted bugs go I like DEET with a min of 25 %,, still cheaper than screenin'  ;D

Or what mum and dad showed us, just keep a smudge goin' off ta the side some,, ya keep it goin, and the them bugs will go huntin over to the neighbors   ;) ;)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

BcWoodWorks

Quote from: pappy on July 21, 2010, 04:33:28 PM
Tis amazing what so called free beer will get done fur ya now won't it  ;D

Back about 15 year or so I was helping a friend rebuild an old run down log cabin and after the first long weekend bustin' butt on it he said it would be cheaper to pay me with money instead  :D ;D :D ;D

Free beer is one of the best payments for a helper like me. Money is better, but only by a gnats wings.  ;D ;D ;D

It was a lot of fun to work on really. I can't wait to see it finished and looking good.

So about that smudge fire, Yew gonna let me burn the gazebo down Burl? I reckon a gazebo fire would keep them bugs away.

SwampDonkey

That fire at the camp thing, reminds me. A local guy's camp burnt down this past week for the 3rd time over the years.  ;)

You guys hearing a lot of Smokey the Bear adverts this summer? I never heard them as frequent as this year in Maine. Maybe with those Quebec fires being close to home they figure they better remind everyone.

Burlkraft

You couldn't start a fire here if you tried.

3 1/2 inches of rain again today.

My culvert has been at 100% all day.

I saw skeeters riding a maple log outta the woods today   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!