iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

yesterday my first saw dust

Started by alsayyed, July 08, 2010, 05:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Hello fellows yesterday I did my first saw dust. I have milled and I got some wood slabs I am learing. Sure did not take such long time, but at least a brought happiness to my self.
I am posting some pictures so members can look at.
I am trying to get green logs much better because the blade go faster . I had to mill old one and it is  not going fast and the saw mill is vibrating, so I through the log a way for winter camping fire.

I would like to thank the entire members who gave good advice.
And would like to thank Dale from Norwood for being understanding and explaining things and being a patience  and helpful guy.

fishpharmer

Good Job!!!  The Norwood looks great.

Your lumber looks good, those old logs make good practice. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Outstanding!  Logs must be pretty hard to come by in your area.  However, once the word gets out that you have a sawmill, I bet the logs will come.

Keep us posted!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Hilltop366

nas

Looks great!! 8)
I think you need a couple of logrites.  I bet one would do what those four guys are doing :)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

r.man

Alsayyed, nice saw and congratulations on getting it working. Hope you are enjoying yourself and good luck getting more logs.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Congratulations alsayyed on getting that first log sawed and making saw dust.  Things will go smoother as you learn the mill and gain confidence.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

southpaw

Great job, look like you have good help. Enjoy and be safe. 8) 8)

Coon

Great job on that old log.... sounds like you are having alot of fun also.

One suggestion for you though.  I would saw out a few beams to support the mill on.  Those concrete blocks that you have the mill on will crack and break in time from rolling heavy logs onto the mill and turning larger cants.  Once they crack it won't take long for the bed to shift out of alignment.

Good luck with the future sawing.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

paul case

hey your lumber looks pretty good for the first you sawed  .good job .  congratuletions on the new mill .   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

Quote from: nas on July 08, 2010, 07:46:27 PM
Looks great!! 8)
I think you need a couple of logrites.  I bet one would do what those four guys are doing :)

Nick

He has one.  :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,22569.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

nas

Jeff your memory amazes me 8)
Mine is good, but it's short :D
That was before my time here,but it begs the question "where is it???"

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Jim_Wahl

DanG! I don't know how I missed out on that thread. I must have been gone deer hunting, I guess.

Pauls' Bunion
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

paul case

Nick,
jeff can remember because he is LOGRITES BIGGEST FAN! 

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

DanG

I imagine that Logrite was somewhere in the vicinity, but the truth is that 4 guys with poles like that would be almost like having hydraulics.  Might even be better, since you can stand back there with the camera and not even have to pull a lever. :D :D

Alsayyed, I'm glad to see you got the mill going.  It is a fine machine and I think you made a good choice.  They all have their problems after being shipped and reassembled.  I'm still amazed at your persistence and all the challenges you have overcome. 8) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Quote from: paul case on July 09, 2010, 11:09:10 AM
Nick,
jeff can remember because he is LOGRITES BIGGEST FAN! 

pc

Indubitably
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!