iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

asy update

Started by james, July 08, 2010, 08:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

picked asy up on the eve of the 2nd left the airport after midnight and got them to the motel about 2:00 am went up to Butchart Gardens the 3rd , then wandered around Tacoma on the fourth , went and drove around the Olympic peninsula on the 5th and 6th, getting them back to the airport on the 6th about 7:30 pm flying up to AK. 8) 8) 8)
Great visit , just not enough time to do and see all we wanted  :'( :'( :'(
james
ps. why is it I never remember to take pics of people?

Warbird

Sounds like you had a great visit!  I imagine they are on their way to Denali National Park about now.  Thanks for the reminder about the camera.  We'll be sure to get some pictures once they make it here to Fairbanks.

Warbird

We'll be picking them up at the train station in a little bit!

sawguy21

Let her know we would like to see them before they head east.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

Warbird, let us future hosts know how much luggage they have, if I need a truck, or a semi!!!!!! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

TR
Will they have picked up puddin stones by the time you see them?   :o ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

TR, when is she scheduled to be in your area? Anyone know when she is going to be in the Birmingham area?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 09, 2010, 10:55:44 PM
Warbird, let us future hosts know how much luggage they have, if I need a truck, or a semi!!!!!! 8)

I've been sworn to secrecy.  ;D

Edit:  *cough* semi *cough*

asy

We're ALIVE!!!

We're having a GREAT time, no time to post, sorry!!!

We're up here in the biggest state, Alaska, with Warbird and his gorgeous wife, and their adorable puppy!  We spent yesterday in Denali National park watching the wildlife, we saw Bears and Caribu, and Moose and even watched a Wolf chase a caribu, it was a great day!

We've seen some of LA, San Fran, been to Yosemite and spent a great few days with James in Washington State. He picked us up, and we drove up to Canada, to the Butchard Gardens went across the ferries, and then drove around the Olympic Peninsula, with a stay in Forks (didn't find any Vampires....).  THANKS JIM! We had a fantastic time! And don't worry, I have photos :)

Please have a read of the blog, I haven't had a chance to update it in a few days, but, the first few days is there... I'll upload photos later, when I'm in hotels on hotel wifi!

Tomorrow we're going for a drive down to see some Glaciers, and spend the day with our new Alaskan Friends!!!

After this we're going to Lost Wages (Las Vegas) for a few days then on to annoy Tex, with our luggage (bring the semi)

Having a GREAT time!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Warbird

I have to say that asy and her family are great people.  We had a great time chatting this evening and are looking forward to driving the Denali Highway tomorrow.  It's been so cool to finally meet someone from the FF.  This place really is like a second family.

LIL

Hey there Asy,

I have just "followed" your blog.  I am Emm-Jae *****
looking forward to seeing more entries.  Sounds like you are all having a fantastic time.

Take care in your travels

LIL :)
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

SwampDonkey

Asy, French toast and a coating of icing sugar is the way restaurants seem to serve it. They never heard of maple syrup.  :D :D :D   No, that corn syrup disguised in carmal color is the worst kind of sugar (Fructose).  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

Welp...  I dropped them off at the airport and they are onto the next stage of their journey.  Sure was great to visit and drive them to parts of Alaska that most tourists don't get to see.  It was a beautiful day spent with great friends.  Sure hope the rest of the trip goes well for them.

Qweaver

Hi Aussie travelers, I could not find your itinerary.  But if you get close to West Virginia please feel welcome to visit our cabin and sawmill location in Weston.  It sounds like you are having a great time.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Roxie

Isn't this exciting!   8) 
Say when

sawdust

And the pictures? are where?    ;D

sounds like an awesome adventure.
david
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Warbird

Qweaver, their itinerary is the single blog post in March.  sawdust, we took a ton of pictures but I want to let asy post those she chooses.  I'll find a couple of us and post them shortly.  The FF hat made the journey with us.  :)

Magicman

Jeff's reply #7 above has the link to asy's blog.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

asy

Hi Guys!!!

We're in Lost Wages (Las Vegas), couldn't get over the slot machines in the airport! you think you'd have better things to do there, you know, like catching planes!!!

There are no photos yet because a: Haven't had time, and b: haven't had cable internet. I've either been on limited net (very kindlyloaned to us by James) or at people's houses (and I wasn't going to upload 10GB of photos on Warbird's internet!!!)

But...  Now that I'm at Excalibur_with_cable_internet_I've_paid_for...  PHOTOS HERE WE COME!

We're just going downstairs to have lunch, coz it's 1pm and we've been flying since 1am and not eaten yet, so my computer mouse is starting to look good, but, this afternoon I'm going to log in to work and do some work, do my tax return (yay...not) and upload photos and do the blog...

Later guys, food now!

asy...

Jeff

Quoteand do the blog

Is that anything like doing the Macarena or the Funky Chicken?

asy

HAHAHAHA it's actually pretty DanG close to the funky chicken.

OK, I've been in LV 4 hours now and I've had enough, I can move on now...

The place is loud, smelly and yucky, and full of catatonic people pushing flashing buttons. If it wasn't so close to the Grand Canyon it wouldn't be worth visiting (for someone who doesn't drink or gamble)...

Oh well, I'm looking at it as Maintenance Time. I've got lots to do and the room is nice :)

Can't wait to get to Texas!

asy...

Warbird

Oh yeah, I should have warned you about the people on the street pushing yucky stuff.  Just don't look at them and keep walking.  We miss you guys.  While we are thankful for the time we had getting to know you, I keep thinking, "Oh yeah!  We coulda talked about this, or that, or shown them this other place!"  :)

Looking forward to your blog updates and following the rest of this epic journey.  Travel well and stay safe.

asy

Well, I can't believe we talked for over 12 hours in the car yesterday and there's still so much we could have talked about! It was fantastic.

Can't thank you guys enough for taking us driving, what a beautiful, remote, road that was! And the Glaciers were stunning.

I sure wish we'd had more time...

Give Craggy a hug, Steph misses him!

asy.

Jeff

The asy crew should be winging around the grand canyon in a whirly bird today. :)  This is one of the things she is doing on the trip that I would love to do too someday.

Thank You Sponsors!