iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e-classic reads very high temp

Started by jason1977, July 05, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason1977

my e-classic 2300 had a temp reading of 248 deg the next day it read 180 what it is set at.  now it stays at 248 what met be wrong.  i read on a blog but i can not find it now but i thought it said something about a low water sensor.  is that what it is.

tonto

Welcome to the forum jason1977. Summer time burning can be tricky. It has taken me 2 summers to try and figure out my CB 5036. I had a problem with my temp reading, it was bouncing all over the place. I called my dealer and he said to check the wires that are screwed into the back of the gauge, they might be loose. Sure enough, one was loose, I tightened it and no more trouble with crazy temp readings. I had it boil over on me twice last summer. I have found out that lowering my temp to 160 so it wont come on till 149 seems to be working for me. I also only put in about 5 or 6 pieces of average sized wood in every other day. These two adjustments seem to work good together for the summer. When I left the temp setting at 185 in the summer it would just keep rising even after the damper door closed. I am also very conscious of the wind in the summer also so I don't want to pith off my neighbors who have not complained once about my stove. I try to run the temp up when I have a favorable wind direction and keep it off when it is not. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

sprintfan11

The e-Classic is a different beast as you'll see by the many threads here. I too have a CB 5036 since Nov. '08. I heat my house and hot water with it so I burn year-round. This summer I have found that burning smaller seasoned pieces, both round and split, seems to be working well. A couple of times I put in pieces that were too big and there was not enough demand on the stove to burn it. I would think that seasoned, small pieces might help on a e-Classic as well. I add wood twice a day, early morning and evening.
Use up, wear out, make do or do without.

Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20"
1994 GMC 1500 4X4
Central Boiler 5036 OWB
Troy-Built 27 ton splitter
Generac 6500 generator
More stuff to come....

boilerman101

Is it a Wood Only model? If so, talk to your dealer. A faulty low water sensor or sensor connection can cause erratic temp readings. Being an open system, any temp reading over 210 degrees (boiling point) should be incorrect.

JJ

This happend to me several time at end of last winter with my 2 year old E-2300.
I hear my oil kick on, and go outside to check on the E-2300 and temp is registering 249 or higher, and fire nearly out.

I power cycle the OWB to get it back to normal.

I was planning on a trip to my dealer for my wonder bar, and cleaning rod; and was going to ask about this problem.

I will check the wireing before hand.  Thanks for the advice.

JJ

KMAN

I also have a high reading on my E-classic. it jumps from 249 down to 150 and all around that area then it kicks out and beeps real loud and flashes 3 zeros. The dealer was out tonight and tried a new controller and a new thermostate and neither worked. so now i sit and wait to see what the problem is. Any info would be great. thanks KMAN

jason1977

i had the same problem took my low water sensor out and got a new one at the dealer and works great now.  the bad thing was cb took their dealer ship away wher i bought mine, and i had to go to one of the places i got a price from.  but they treated me well.  hope this is what is wrong with yours its easy to change.

MudBud

One time it happened to me and I was told to make sure all connections on the controller were tight.  I made sure of that and no problems since then.

JJ

I had same trouble (temp reading 250), last spring during mud season.
Checking connections under temp controller, the crimp to low water sensor fell apart.
I crimp on new lug connector, and so far so good..  I did not think that could cause high temp, but maybe from jason1977 explains it.

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!