iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4th of July

Started by jim king, July 03, 2010, 01:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

From a guy lost in the jungle here is a stupid question.

Was yesterday the extra holiday day for the 4th of july or is it on Monday.

Patty

I think Monday is the holiday, Jim. I know we are closed that day, at least!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

The Federally acknowledged holiday is Monday, July 5th.

If you happen to work for a Japanese company, you best plan on working. They don't acknowledge many American or western holidays, giving time off begrudgingly or not at all.

jim king

It gets a bit confusing living in a foreign country and doing business in several countries .  All told between the 4 countries involved we have about 50 holidays to contend with between the various countries each year.

Here in South America we have a bunch of Saints that have holidays plus the standard ones.

Tom

Are you trying to get Peru to honor the 4th of July or are you concerned about shipping to the USA with everything closed?

....except the foreign owned concerns.  :-\

Warbird

We get Mon & Tue off for the 4th at the U.

Bro. Noble

Well,  the stoopid cows won't let us take any day off :( ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Has one of them offered you a roast yet? :D

jim king

QuoteAre you trying to get Peru to honor the 4th of July or are you concerned about shipping to the USA with everything closed?

I just needed to know when to start tracking a bank transfer.

Tom

well, don't use the teacher's credit union.  I understand they have two days off.  :D :D

paul case

Bro. Noble,
my stoopid cows dont know the difference either. come to think of it neither do my bills, i just get twice as many on tuesday.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

fishpharmer

My daughter and I just walked in from shooting firecrackers.  Sounded like a war zone, blasts and booms could be heard all around.  We saw some spectacular displays.  Nothing like I found in my economy bag.  We didn't care, we had fun and were glad to celebrate Independence Day.   8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

paul case

Quote from: fishpharmer on July 04, 2010, 11:05:11 PM
My daughter and I just walked in from shooting firecrackers.  Sounded like a war zone, blasts and booms could be heard all around.  We saw some spectacular displays.  Nothing like I found in my economy bag.  We didn't care, we had fun and were glad to celebrate Independence Day.   8) 8)

i think thats the American spirit.  i thinks the same way. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

We did our annual 4th at the cabin on our tree farm.  I had Bushhogged about 7 miles of 4 wheeler trails.  We have a scavenger hunt where I hide envelops throughout the trails.  They are required to find their "named" prizes before they are eligible to claim a "special" prize.  They spend 2-3 hours searching for the hidden envelops. (only one rattlesnake was seen)

Hollow trees make good "hidey" places.

Off they go.

Counting up the loot

The Magicman and Son cooling it in the Pawpaw Patch.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!