iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One year ago today......

Started by Raider Bill, June 30, 2010, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

I smoked my last cigarette!  smiley_tom_tutnurhorn2

So far at one pack a day I have saved $2679.00 that's a lot of money.

I'll probaley get hit by a truck today............
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Burlkraft

Good for you Bill  8)  8)

You'll never regret it.

I quit in 1985 and have never looked back
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Gary_C

Good for you Bill.  8) 8)

Just don't go lighting that poison stick on your cake.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Cedarman

If I put that cig on there, it would explode if lit. :D :D
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Qweaver

Congrats.  Quiting is hard for most and nearly impossible for others.  I don't miss cigs but sure would like a good cigar now and then.  Told the wife that if it made it to 70, I am going to smoke 1 cigar a week.  We'll see how that works out.  :D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Bro. Noble

Good for you.  A person that's never been through breaking a bad nicotine habit doesn't know the determination and self control that you put forth.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Sprucegum

8) Attaboy!!  8)

Quitting was the hardest thing I ever did.

Raider Bill

I still get cravings!  Right after a meal or after a couple beers is the only time though.

Radar67

Next year those will be gone too. Good for you Bill.  8)  Two and a half years for me.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

red oaks lumber

nice job!    i quit smoking 6 yrs ago( 5 pack/day) then took up chewing and 4 months ago gave it all up.  dang its nice haven money in the pocket.
your right, having urges just out of the blue but, its all good
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

fishpharmer

Congrats Bill and all you others folks too.

After using tobacco since a teen, I have gone without for ten years.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Congratulations to you Bill and to everyone else who have QUIT !!!  I'm glad that I never had to.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ARKANSAWYER

WOW!  you have saved enough to make a down payment on a nice mill.  8)  And you may now live long enough to wear it out.
ARKANSAWYER

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

isawlogs

Congrats , I know how hard it is to quit . The cravings have gone , I aint quite sure I can have a beer yet though ... Man one was good with the other .

Keep up saying no ..  8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ely

good going on all of you. 5 packs a day whew. thats alot of cash.

trapper

good to hear you quit. I couldnt afford them when they made the big price jump to 50 cents a pack
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Brad_bb

Your body is a machine.  If you don't treat it right, it will break down and wear out quicker than hitting nails in a log.  Two years a go I gave up being a couch potato.   I started working out an hour a day 5 days a week, lost 50 lbs, am in great shape and can do so much more with my high performance body!

Great job on giving up the cigs!  I'm sure you can breath better.  Now if you start working out, the first 3 weeks are hell as you'll be sore every other day, but you will build endurance and after that initial 3 weeks, you don't get sore anymore and you recover faster and faster.  Get a good trainer to get you on the right track.  For a cardio workout, you have to keep your heart rate at a certain high level, which can be calculated for each person, based on resting heart rate, age etc.  Working out at that level will help you lose weight, and build your endurance and strength level.  Every week you ratchet it up one notch and within 3 months you will see big gains.  Today, working out is like brushing my teeth, don't love it per say, but have to do it.  I don't hate it either, and if I miss a day or a couple, I feel like crap until I do.  It will keep away heart disease, diabetes and lots of other couch potato problems.  Unfortunately, the alcohol isn't good for you either. 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

paul case

great job bill.
im with mm i have not had to quit just because i couldnt afford to start.
i wouldnt even light that cancer candle on your cake. smoking in most eating establishments here is against the law.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations!!!  34 years this month for me.   Pls forgive the sermon but don't allow even one of those things anywhere on your property or vehicle and don't go where others are using them.  All the best.   Dennis
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Woodhauler

Good job! Been 13 years for me! 3 packs aday quit cold turkey!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

LeeB

Good job Bill. I'm right behind you on the one year anniversery. Couple more weeks and I'll have a year in. It's been 8 months since I gave up the snuff. Still get the craving every now and then, mostly at work, exspecialy for the snuff.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!