iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

steel shot

Started by treefarmer25, June 28, 2010, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treefarmer25

steel shot is all u can use  now.
ive got a  old  win 2200  full  i either need opened up.
or  a new barrell. any one  know were i can  get either done.

ely

any good gunsmith should be able to install you some screw in chokes that will shoot steel shot. personally i would not mess up the barrel i liked to shoot. i would purchase a steel shot barrel with the interchangable chokes for it.

celliott

There are nontoxic steel shot alternatives that are safe for use in older barrels.  Bisthmuth (sp.?) comes to mind, although I am certain they are more expensive than standard steel shot.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

fishpharmer

Quote from: treefarmer25 on June 28, 2010, 10:36:26 AM
steel shot is all u can use  now.

Where?  Here its only migratory birds and I think on federal lands, not private.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

Here, steel shot is only required for migratory birds.

Anything else is fair game for whatever you can load into a shotgun shell.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

celliott

I misread the post, I thought the OP said he himself could only use steel. it is only migratory game birds, and federal lands. there isnt a total ban (yet) although i'm sure california is working on it.  Another possiblility is having an adjustable choke fitted  to your barrel. I believe, but am not sure, a comp-n-choke? is a brand, as well as titan. just another thought.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!