iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another Circle mill

Started by captain_crunch, June 27, 2010, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Does this mill look kinda like mine??

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/19561/100_1514_%28Custom%29.JPG [/IMG
This American sets in the same shed my Bellsaw came out of ;D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

captain_crunch

Not that lucky this is the mill that now lives where my Bellsaw did till 2 years ago :'( :'(

D._Frederick

It looks like you got a much larger sawmill with a GMC power unit, you should be able to do some real sawing. Is this going to be just a hobby or do you plan on making some money sawing?

captain_crunch

I would kill for this mill but it is not mine  >:( >:( >:( It belongs to Dwane(feller who built mine) It is an American mill looks beefer than Belsaw but I can cut better lumber than he can. Reason is Bellsaws have arbor and carrage on same frame this makes them easier to keep alinged. I can slice a 1/4" piece off an 16 ft cant every time not saying I have not done some shimming and tweaking to things ::) ::) ::)

Thank You Sponsors!